Body shop in South Nassau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body shop in South Nassau

The clearcoat on my hood is starting to bubble up and flake off. The paint undeneath looks fine. Years ago the hood had to be repaired and repainted when a shop lowered a lift onto the hood and dented/scraped it.

Can I just get the clearcoat sanded off and have it just recleared and if so does anyone have a recommendation in the Merrick, Bellmore, Wantagh area.
    Ben

There is a great shop right across from hunters essentials. Paul aka airbrush art works there. Good dude!
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Newton Collision in Brentwood does great work if you dont mind the ride. Owner Rich is 2A friendly. Tell him you shoot and he will take care of you.

Comment

How long ago was it painted?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post
          How long ago was it painted?
          About 8 years ago. Not even sure the shop is still there, they were in island park and I don't think they reopened after Sandy.
          Ben

Comment

That's a long time ago , the paint back then was solvent. Now most paint is water method .That base coat being exposed to weather you might not get good adhesion or color match after the clear is applied. Most clears today are very shiny.

Depends on how nice the car is, be best to strip , prime and repaint and clear .

Comment

Working...
            X