What to do with a low/no value car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with a low/no value car

In the coming months I'm going to be looking into getting a new to me vehicle. What is my best option to do with my current vehicle, which will likely be worth nothing on a trade. it's got good 4wd and powertrain but not much aftermarket for lifts or anything of the sort so I'm not sure if it's anything valuable to the hobby modder. I'll probably throw it up on craigslist once I'm ready to go get a new car just for the hell of it but if that doesn't work out i'd like a solid option to do something with it that will help put some money towards my new car.

Best bet is craigslist

Comment

You can always see that crazy sumbitch Paul up at Campsite.
      It would not be the first car he took on trade for a new toy.
      If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. — Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by pandm View Post
        You can always see that crazy sumbitch Paul up at Campsite.
        It would not be the first car he took on trade for a new toy.
        Jesus i don't need any bad ideas here, lol.

is it bad that my first thought was ooh benelli.

Comment

Originally posted by Exonautic View Post

Jesus i don't need any bad ideas here, lol.

is it bad that my first thought was ooh benelli.
          SBE3?

Comment

Call a veterans group like Veterans Beacon House in Suffolk. See if they can use it for a veteran trying to get back on their feet. I have 2005 Dodge Dakota im going to get rid of in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyLab View Post

SBE3?
              m2

Comment

Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I had a good experience donating my 1991 Ford Taurus to the Salvation Army after 18 years and 173 kmi. I got a receipt for the maximum tax write-off (around $800, IIRC). They came, my wife handed them the title, they took off the plates and drove it away. It was now somebody else's problem.
                  No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Do a hellcat crate motor swap!
                    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

There comes a time with a car that you owned woth all the wear and tear, headaches and expense, where you say "I'm done!", and you may lose sight of its real worth. Don't forget though that someones junk is always someone else's treasure."
                      "If you know how many guns you own,”you don’t have enough guns.”

"What doesn't kill you ... will circle around for a second attempt."

Comment

If you decide to go the route of a tax write off, consider donating to the local FD; they use donations to drill heavy rescues and car fires.

Curious...what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                          There comes a time with a car that you owned woth all the wear and tear, headaches and expense, where you say "I'm done!", and you may lose sight of its real worth. Don't forget though that someones junk is always someone else's treasure."
                          Actually, i love my car. But i don't have the time to put the 4WD to use and without that the MPG it gets just isn't worth it to me. I'm looking into getting into some sort of Manual coupe to have some fun in until i move out of NY. Than comes the big 4-wheeler to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                            If you decide to go the route of a tax write off, consider donating to the local FD; they use donations to drill heavy rescues and car fires.

Curious...what is it?
                            2000 mountaineer. basically an explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post

Curious...what is it?
                              FD would love this thing, none of the doors open from the outside. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X