No announcement yet.

AAARGH! Used car shopping frustration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6k is a decent budget for an SUV. There should be plenty ov vehicles out there for that price.

Are you willing to do a little bit of work to it? Most people are not mechanically inclined and will sell a vehicle cheaper knowing it has a few issues.
    I've had pretty good luck finding vehicles in decent shape that needed basic mechanical work.

Comment

I looked at a 2002 Explorer XLT V8 86,000,decent price. This morning I asked my mechanic about. He said if I still had a kid in college I would tell you to buy it because the repairs would pay for school, otherwise run for the hills!
      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

May I suggest any Jeep with the straight 6. They are pretty much bullet proof. Just make sure the cooling system is in good condition. Parts are cheap and easy to find.
        The body style is your choice. The Grand Cherokees are great and have a comfortable ride with decent handling.
        Wranglers are expensive but will run forever and you can turn around and sell it for what you paid.
        The Cherokees are very popular with the 4wd crowd but get no respect from the Wrangler crowd.
        As for the Liberty. I have no experience.

Comment

I found a listing for a 2005 Grand Cherokee with 78000 miles for 6000. Any interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian View Post
            That thing is awesome! Perfect work van.

MR, I drive all over LI for work, if I see anything I'll keep you in mind.

Brandon
            Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

I found cars.com....to be a much better source than craigslist.

Comment

what sites are you using? i am in the process of buying a pickup and it has not been easy for me.

sites i have been using are cars.com, cargurus.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com

Comment

The Obama car buy backs destroyed tons of good reliable vehicles, and pushed up the used market prices..
                  Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
                  Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
                  Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyguy View Post
                    what sites are you using? i am in the process of buying a pickup and it has not been easy for me.

sites i have been using are cars.com, cargurus.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com
                    I used Craigslist, Cargurus and word of mouth. Word of mouth seems to have produced the best results in this case.
                    SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Working...
                    X