X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Sullyguy View Post
    what sites are you using? i am in the process of buying a pickup and it has not been easy for me.

sites i have been using are cars.com, cargurus.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com
    I used Craigslist, Cargurus and word of mouth. Word of mouth seems to have produced the best results in this case.

Leave a comment:

• NYDeer
    replied
    The Obama car buy backs destroyed tons of good reliable vehicles, and pushed up the used market prices..

Leave a comment:

• Sullyguy
    replied
    what sites are you using? i am in the process of buying a pickup and it has not been easy for me.

sites i have been using are cars.com, cargurus.com, autotrader.com, truecar.com

Leave a comment:

• Pitbull428
    replied
    I found cars.com....to be a much better source than craigslist.

Leave a comment:

• xcentrk
    replied
    Originally posted by Russian View Post
    That thing is awesome! Perfect work van.

MR, I drive all over LI for work, if I see anything I'll keep you in mind.

Brandon

Leave a comment:

• Pitbull428
    replied
    I found a listing for a 2005 Grand Cherokee with 78000 miles for 6000. Any interest?

Leave a comment:

• thatguy
    replied
    May I suggest any Jeep with the straight 6. They are pretty much bullet proof. Just make sure the cooling system is in good condition. Parts are cheap and easy to find.
    The body style is your choice. The Grand Cherokees are great and have a comfortable ride with decent handling.
    Wranglers are expensive but will run forever and you can turn around and sell it for what you paid.
    The Cherokees are very popular with the 4wd crowd but get no respect from the Wrangler crowd.
    As for the Liberty. I have no experience.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    I looked at a 2002 Explorer XLT V8 86,000,decent price. This morning I asked my mechanic about. He said if I still had a kid in college I would tell you to buy it because the repairs would pay for school, otherwise run for the hills!

Leave a comment:

• thatguy
    replied
    6k is a decent budget for an SUV. There should be plenty ov vehicles out there for that price.

Are you willing to do a little bit of work to it? Most people are not mechanically inclined and will sell a vehicle cheaper knowing it has a few issues.
    I've had pretty good luck finding vehicles in decent shape that needed basic mechanical work.

Leave a comment:

• StrongBeach
    replied
    I just did a deal for a Nissan Rogue $250 a month no down all in, it took me telling the finance guy I was leaving when he tried to re-roll in taxes, I put my phone on a 5 minute timer and told him do the deal or I would walk, he saw I was not kidding and did the deal. When you factor in the repairs, etc $250 a month was not a bad deal.

Leave a comment:

• Grifhunter
    replied
    I've had luck with discontinued marks, such as Saturn and Mercury. Because the maker is no longer around sellers give the best discounts. Mercury Mariner and Saturn Vue were decent SUV's.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannco View Post

In case I see something, can I ask you what style, mileage, color and pricing limitations you might have?
    A midsize SUV, four wheel drive is a must, no color preference, about $6K (more for the "right" vehicle), as far as mileage goes I'm open as long as it was maintained and has records.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Originally posted by Russian View Post
    Iz good, I like! I buy!

Leave a comment:

• Russian
    replied
    http://autoweek.com/article/wait-the...hanka-road-van

Zis iz good, da?

Leave a comment:

• Hannco
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
    Looking for a used SUV for my kid, and shopping for one is frustrating! The wife put a severe limit on the $ I can spend and it's making me nuts.
    By the way, Craigslist is a joke! Everything I look at that's a private sale is priced way over even what dealers want elsewhere for comparable cars.
    In case I see something, can I ask you what style, mileage, color and pricing limitations you might have?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X