Announcement

Collapse

St Mary’s Children’s Hospital Fund Raiser

Don’t miss out! ——> Link
See more
See less

fuel line frozen in flare nut going into carb - any ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post

L48? Woof
    Woof is right! LMAO!

I had a '76. 180HP 8.5 or 8.6:1

Heads & a cam will wake that motor up a little.

I have an L-82 aluminum Q-jet manifold if you're interested Vic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sport454 View Post

Woof is right! LMAO!

I had a '76. 180HP 8.5 or 8.6:1

Heads & a cam will wake that motor up a little.

I have an L-82 aluminum Q-jet manifold if you're interested Vic.
      thanks for the offer. at the end of the day the car barely has enough brakes and suspension for what it is.

If this motor ever pops (doubtful.....you know how hard it is to kill this thing?) my best friend has a 350 out of a 73 corvette we rescued as kids. At that point I'll have a "who has some SBC parts they want to get rid of?" party and we'll do a group motor build on the counter at Volko. Until then let's just ride this thing....and maybe I'll fix the headlights rather than operate them manually like I'm currently doing.
      High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

thanks for the offer. at the end of the day the car barely has enough brakes and suspension for what it is.

If this motor ever pops (doubtful.....you know how hard it is to kill this thing?) my best friend has a 350 out of a 73 corvette we rescued as kids. At that point I'll have a "who has some SBC parts they want to get rid of?" party and we'll do a group motor build on the counter at Volko. Until then let's just ride this thing....and maybe I'll fix the headlights rather than operate them manually like I'm currently doing.
        Hahahahahaha!
        Sorry, I probably sols/gave away/scrapped enough stuff to build it red hot 5 times over

Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Originally posted by NRATC53 View Post
          Hahahahahaha!
          Sorry, I probably sols/gave away/scrapped enough stuff to build it red hot 5 times over
          how do you think a pair of 16 year olds got a whole motor in 1997 just for picking it up?

side note that motor had mis matched heads and smoked like crazy until we fixed it. That being said looking in the rearview 20 years.....we should check a few things again.
          High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Ha ha ha! I remember when 4 bolt mains were a rare coveted item .... now I have 4 bolt main 350's & 454's coming out of my ears! [I was thinking lower but this is a family site]
            Two other oddballs in my "collection" a 4 bolt main 400 SB sourced from a 1970 Blazer in 1981 [the 4 bolt 400's were a 2 year item] & an M-22 transmission from a 1971 Chevelle SS396 in 1978.
            LMK how far you want to get into it. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X