Red light camera ticket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Just not at the ones with the white bordered edges, as they are optional, or so I was told. Lol
    "STOPtional"? Brings back good memories. This is what the teen-age back seat passenger is required to say to the teen-age driver whenever the driver attempted to come to a full stop.
    No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

- U.S. Marines

Comment

Slow To Observe Police
      Steve

Comment

Like the old car salesmen used to say, "White walls are optional."
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

"STOPtional"? Brings back good memories. This is what the teen-age back seat passenger is required to say to the teen-age driver whenever the driver attempted to come to a full stop.
          The funny thing about this is, the person who told me this, when I was about 13, was a close friend of my dads, who was.......wait for it......a NYC cop! Lmao. That statement was his reply to me after I mentioned that he just coasted through a stop sign, down in Seaford harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

Or else what?
            We'll mail you a late fee and then tell you to pay that too??

I don't think they're putting out bench warrants for failure to pay a ticket for an offense that was witnessed by and enforced by a non-leo.
            No, but they'll boot and eventually tow your car.

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

2 flashes doesn’t mean a ticket. It’ll take a second shot if you roll a certain time or distance after the first one, even if you come to a complete stop.
            PS, right on red after stopping is still fine even if there’s a camera at the intersection.
            What I think that most people here have missed is not the simple fact that you need to stop at the intersection before turning on red. We've all got that.
            But you must stop BEHIND the stop line. If you roll over the stop line and stop in the crosswalk, then the camera will give you a ticket. No matter how many seconds you decide to count.
            The problem here is that most intersections (particularly ones without right turn lanes) have the stop line straight across all traffic, which leaves no visibility for a right turning car. In this case, the only solution is to stop twice. Once behind the line, and once again further up.

Comment

I saw on News12 last night that Suffolk is introducing this new "amnesty program" until the end of February where you can go and pay your unpaid tickets for the original amount and they will waive any late fees and surcharges.
              "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ZachP View Post
                I saw on News12 last night that Suffolk is introducing this new "amnesty program" until the end of February where you can go and pay your unpaid tickets for the original amount and they will waive any late fees and surcharges.
                Did you notice that they used one example of some guy with over $20K in red light camera tickets alone. He owes THAT kind of money, and they didn't think of going to his house and booting the friggin car? No wonder why they are in the shape they're in. Just another case of NOT ENFORCING THE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS. But no, Just continue to do anything but. Now they will contract with a company, to run around and scrounge at license plates, trolling for easy money.

Comment

Did you notice that they used one example of some guy with over $20K in red light camera tickets alone. He owes THAT kind of money, and they didn't think of going to his house and booting the friggin car? No wonder why they are in the shape they're in. Just another case of NOT ENFORCING THE LAWS ALREADY ON THE BOOKS. But no, Just continue to do anything but. Now they will contract with a company, to run around and scrounge at license plates, trolling for easy money.
                  Nassau had huge outstanding ticket balances, and started a booting program. Suffolk hasn't caught up yet, but I'm betting they will.
                  Nassau's boots are actually kind of neat (I found out about it when a neighbor's car was booted). If your car is booted, you can call a number on it, pay your fine over the phone with a credit card, and have it unlocked remotely right in front of your eyes. Then you drop off the boot at some central location.

Comment

Did you notice that they used one example of some guy with over $20K in red light camera tickets alone. He owes THAT kind of money, and they didn't think of going to his house and booting the friggin car?
                    About 40 years ago this troubled fellow (brother of a girlfriend) had a motorcycle that was not registered or insured. He did not have a motorcycle license.
                    A SCPD policeman gave him 3 tickets every time he saw the motorcyclist on the road.
                    After accumulating numerous tickets, a judge throws them all out except for three.
                    The judge said the policeman was harassing the offender. Go figure!

ANY violation by ANY person of ANY provision of this section is a class A misdemeanor. - NYPL §400.00(15)
                    Conspiracy in the sixth degree is a class B misdemeanor. - NYPL §105.00

Comment

Originally posted by incognito View Post

About 40 years ago this troubled fellow (brother of a girlfriend) had a motorcycle that was not registered or insured. He did not have a motorcycle license.
                      A SCPD policeman gave him 3 tickets every time he saw the motorcyclist on the road.
                      After accumulating numerous tickets, a judge throws them all out except for three.
                      The judge said the policeman was harassing the offender. Go figure!
                      Sounds about right.

Comment

Rule 1 on LIGC is don't be a dick. Same should apply on the roads.
                        I have 2 new drivers in my house and another with a permit. If they were on the firing line with a loaded gun you wouldn't rush them and honk your horn like an asshole. Don't do it on the road.
                        More people die in car accidents than with guns each year in the USA. Have some patience!

Comment

Working...
                        X