Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inexpensive Stick Shift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    get a fiat 500 Abarth, with a stick and tuned exhaust. and you could do u turns in your driveway, wouldn't want to get hit in one but fun to drive.

    Comment


      #92
      Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

      And it got hit in a 7/11 parking lot this morning -- so much for brand new -- LOL
      Did you ask for video footage? - they should have it on camera.... Unless the idiot was man enough to stop and do the right thing...

      Comment


        #93
        Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post

        I'd like to test drive one. I am curious if I can fit my fat ass in it.
        I have a 07 Retractable Hardtop that will be up for sale when the warmer comes, you can come by to see if you fit in one if you like. PM me

        Comment


          #94
          Originally posted by Parashooter View Post

          Did you ask for video footage? - they should have it on camera.... Unless the idiot was man enough to stop and do the right thing...
          Cameras pointing right at my parking spot -- she zipped in & hit me ---

          She gets out of her car - first words out of her mouth -- "The sun was in my eyes -- I didnt even see you"--
          Last edited by Ricekila; 03-10-2019, 03:09 AM.
          NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

            Cameras pointing right at my parking spot -- she zipped in & hit me ---

            She gets out of her car - first words out of her mouth -- "The sun was in my eyes -- I didnt even see you"--
            Gonna take a wild guess here, just for statistics reasons......was she blonde?

            Comment


              #96
              Not this time - LOL
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

                Cameras pointing right at my parking spot -- she zipped in & hit me ---

                She gets out of her car - first words out of her mouth -- "The sun was in my eyes -- I didnt even see you"--
                Well the upshot is she admitted fault! Get estimates yet?

                Comment


                  #98
                  So I ended up getting an older Hyundai Accent from a local dealer. It is exactly what I wanted and I am really enjoying it. Something weird happened at the dealership.
                  Its a long process and I was there with Lizzard for most of the day. At the very end, the salesman is walking us out to the car. He talked about me giving him a tip twice. I actually thought he was joking. Then as I was in the car ready to drive away, he said "So, nothing for the kid? OK". I then realized he wasn't joking and I was stunned. Lizzard and I looked at each other at the next stop light like we were confirming what just happened. It was so odd. Has anyone ever been asked for a tip like that?

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Tip a dealer salesperson...never heard of it.


                    Comment


                      Tipping a car salesman? WTF? And then to ask for it? The world becomes stranger and stranger every day.

                      Comment


                        Must have been one of those millennial snowflakes

                        Comment


                          Tipping is not common in the auto industry

                          once in a blue moon you get a tip or gift certificate if you treat the customer really special during the buying process

                          unfortunately many dealers are still old school and hire plenty of low life hustlers, hence the reason the car business has a bad reputation
                          The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

                          Comment


                            I'm in automotive service and we see tips from maybe 10% of our customers.
                            We don't expect it here, though we appreciate the booze money when we get it!
                            It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can read between the lines of their textbooks
                            This world must be witness to revolution every now and then
                            The busted wills and scrapfills of this great nation show you can hold a fucking pen

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                              So I ended up getting an older Hyundai Accent from a local dealer. It is exactly what I wanted and I am really enjoying it. Something weird happened at the dealership.
                              Its a long process and I was there with Lizzard for most of the day. At the very end, the salesman is walking us out to the car. He talked about me giving him a tip twice. I actually thought he was joking. Then as I was in the car ready to drive away, he said "So, nothing for the kid? OK". I then realized he wasn't joking and I was stunned. Lizzard and I looked at each other at the next stop light like we were confirming what just happened. It was so odd. Has anyone ever been asked for a tip like that?
                              I suspect if you told his boss what he tried to do he wouldn’t be working there much longer. I have family in the business on the ownership side and what happened to you is total crap.

                              Comment


                                The "kid" was in his mid '40s. He first said it inside the dealership within earshot of the manager so I don't think he is concerned about getting fired. And maybe it is tolerated there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X