Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My C6 Z06 - They don't make em like this anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My C6 Z06 - They don't make em like this anymore.

With everything going supercharged, turbocharged or electric, and getting heavier, I gotta love my NA 427ci American V8, hand-signed by the builder C6 Z06 that weighs a mere 3100lbs. She's a high powered go-kart for the street.

And no it's not stock...about $30k in upgrades, coilover suspension, 3-pc forged wheels w/345&285 tires, custom audio system, seats, steering wheel, heads, cam, headers & x-pipe & custom tuning by CSP, custom oiling system and xpel ultimate on 75% of the body.
    Last edited by Kbreeze; 03-26-2019, 08:44 PM.

Nice car. Atomic Orange?
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Very nice, any 1/4 mile times with the mods

last of the lightweight vettes. Hopefully the c8 sheds some pounds
      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
        Nice car. Atomic Orange?
        Yes, Sir, Atomic Orange. It was paint corrected by Mr. Sparkle, he does good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbreeze View Post

Yes, Sir, Atomic Orange. It was paint corrected by Mr. Sparkle, he does good work.
          I painted my Chevelle that color. Looks great out in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post
            Very nice, any 1/4 mile times with the mods

last of the lightweight vettes. Hopefully the c8 sheds some pounds
            Sorry, I've actually never taken it to the track, it's just fun on the street for me. She's only got 11k miles on her and spends most of her time in the garage. That's actually a bitter sweet thing, because I actually want to be able to take it out more often but always afraid to get her dirty, lol. When I had my good ole 2012 5.0 I didn't care, I drove that thing thru everything including snow, without a hiccup, so it's a tradeoff....
            Last edited by Kbreeze; 03-26-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post

I painted my Chevelle that color. Looks great out in the sun.
              Awesome, and yes, that color glows in the sun beautifully. I used to have a 72 Chevelle SS that was painted a custom blue color with white rally stripes, and had old school Cragar SS wheels. It actually had a built corvette 327 engine, instead of a big ole 454, but it was still a cool car.

Comment

....all the cool guns you could've bought with that money......

(Don't mind me, I'm just jealous)
                "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

Haha, you make a good point!

Comment

That's actually lighter than they were in 1977.
                    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Dan 0351 View Post

You can have both.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                        That's actually lighter than they were in 1977.
                        Yeah the weight thing was a big focus with the C6 Z06...carbon fiber here, balsa wood there, you name it...it was all about pure performance...a race car you can commute to work with and get 30mpg on the highway. No it doesn't have an MB interior, but it's a pretty legendary American sports car that can be attained @ a reasonable price.
                        Last edited by Kbreeze; 03-26-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Your garage looks bigger than my house.
                          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                            Your garage looks bigger than my house.
                            Haha, that's not my garage, that's my car @ Mr. Sparkle (LI Detailer) getting paint correction and Xpel Ultimate. I live in a small humble ranch with a one-car garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbreeze View Post

Sorry, I've actually never taken it to the track, it's just fun on the street for me. She's only got 11k miles on her and spends most of her time in the garage. That's actually a bitter sweet thing, because I actually want to be able to take it out more often but always afraid to get her dirty, lol. When I had my good ole 2012 5.0 I didn't care, I drove that thing thru everything including snow, without a hiccup, so it's a tradeoff....
                              Download an app on your phone and clock some times
                              The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Working...
                              X