X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post

Post of the year !
    ?

All the American car companies use shitloads of foreign made parts. GM and Chrysler were bailed out of bankruptcy on our dime. Chrysler was owned by Daimler Benz, and is now owned by Fiat. Of the four 2018 Ford vans at work, three have been back to the dealer for issues, including TPMS failures (other than wheel sensors) and defective fuel senders, among other shit. All started within less than 5K miles.

My wife's Corolla was built in California. Besides the airbag recall, which is the biggest in automotive history, the only part recalled on my wife's car in 265K+ miles was the ECM. Made by Delco (GM). It failed dead in my driveway.

"American made", especially when in comes to cars, means very little these days. When I'd talk cars with people, and they ask if I work on cars, I'd say: "Not anymore, I have three Toyotas." I've since sold my '93 Camry, and have a Chevy Colorado with 228K+ on it. Nothing but wear and tear, but I plan on keeping it for a while longer.
    Steve

Comment

Just how far did the point sail over your head ?
      NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Apparently pretty far.
        Steve

Comment

And amazingly these failing sensors come from places like Mexico and Asia,
          where slave labor is the norm. And YET they have the balls to sell pick ups for $90,000 .if someone put together a 1980 style pickup with no frills Nd no electronics. They would make a killing ,now we have to buy a Luxury Pickup .

Comment

Cherry bomb!!

Haha jk.

One of my employees just slapped a Borla on his BRZ and it sounds really good. Loud enough to turn heads but not loud enough to piss off the neighbors. Smooth and throaty.
            It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can read between the lines of their textbooks
            This world must be witness to revolution every now and then
            The busted wills and scrapfills of this great nation show you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
              When do Camrys ever look "great"?
              Camrys never used to look great, but the current one does. I once owned an older model. It was extremely reliable. It looked boring, and was boring to drive. However, it had a conservative, and fiscally responsible look, which I needed at the time. If you are asking other people to spend their hard earned money on your services, some assume you are good if you drive a flashy car. However, some do not, and will respect you more if you did not spend a lot of money on a flashy car.

Comment

brap!
                High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

The only american cars that are worth anything are tesla and jeep wranglers/grand cherokees. The rest is garbage and completely outclassed by german/japanese/korean.

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
                    The only american cars that are worth anything are tesla and jeep wranglers/grand cherokees. The rest is garbage and completely outclassed by german/japanese/korean.

Teslas? 180516154241-tesla-fire-340xa.jpg
                    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                      lol

You can' deny that the brand is pushing every automaker to electrify their lineups sooner than later. That was elon musks goal from day 1. Not to be the biggest brand but to act as a catalyst.

Comment

Id go with Tesh at Monkey Wrench in queens. He makes custom exhaust and they don’t sound like some of the shit exhaust you see/hear on the road now a days. If your nephew has Instagram tell him to look up monkeywrenchinc.

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post

lol

You can' deny that the brand is pushing every automaker to electrify their lineups sooner than later. That was elon musks goal from day 1. Not to be the biggest brand but to act as a catalyst.
                          Elon Musk is a huckster. His brand is PC garbage heavily propped up by federal funds. Electric cars rely on the notion that fossil fuels are not used to generate electricity.

Honda.png
                          Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

This SUV is the most ‘American-made’ car — and No. 2 isn’t even a U.S. brand

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...of2&yptr=yahoo
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post
                              This SUV is the most ‘American-made’ car — and No. 2 isn’t even a U.S. brand

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...of2&yptr=yahoo
                              Yes - it is a complicated issue with the numerous multinational companies owning numerous car companies.

I think were need to focus more on where the jobs are, and where the natural resources used to make the cars are coming from, than the car's badge.

Comment

Working...
                              X