Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I fucking hate birds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I fucking hate birds

    So for the last 2-3 year my friends have been doing Saturday trips to the outer beach. They always had gone to Shinecock so I never went (not worth the trip). I have been arguing about the benefit of Smith Point the whole time and finally got enough of them to agree that it is better not driving the extra 30-40 minutes east. And sure enough those fucking plovers are back and the beach is closed. If theyre too stupid to move their nests than fuck em let them them die. Now I have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to try and get squeezed a foot away from another truck on Shinecock.
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

    #2
    Notice how they never nest in front of the Million dollar mansions and ruin their summer.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
      So for the last 2-3 year my friends have been doing Saturday trips to the outer beach. They always had gone to Shinecock so I never went (not worth the trip). I have been arguing about the benefit of Smith Point the whole time and finally got enough of them to agree that it is better not driving the extra 30-40 minutes east. And sure enough those fucking plovers are back and the beach is closed. If theyre too stupid to move their nests than fuck em let them them die. Now I have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to try and get squeezed a foot away from another truck on Shinecock.
      At Sunken Meadow, they have a field to themselves, but again, not right in front of the concessions stand.
      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

      Comment


        #4
        what pisses me off is i finally make headway and my one stubborn friend gets to say "see your precious beach is closed, that doesnt happen at Shin"
        "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

        Comment


          #5
          Things have been going extinct for millions of years. It's a natural process. One thing leaves, others move in to fill the void. The earth isn't going to stop spinning because nature decides some tiny insignificant plant or animal has got to go. The dodo bird has been extinct now for over a hundred years. Hasn't affected my life any. The way I see it, all these environmentalists are just interfering with a perfectly fine natural process. And getting in the way of my surf fishing too.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by imrich View Post
            Things have been going extinct for millions of years. It's a natural process. One thing leaves, others move in to fill the void. The earth isn't going to stop spinning because nature decides some tiny insignificant plant or animal has got to go. The dodo bird has been extinct now for over a hundred years. Hasn't affected my life any. The way I see it, all these environmentalists are just interfering with a perfectly fine natural process. And getting in the way of my surf fishing too.
            You're absolutely right. My father lives on Chincoteague Island and loves to fish on neighboring Assateague Island (it's a national seashore). Half of his favorite spots are now closed because of the plover. I think he hates them as much as all of you.

            As long as squirrels don't go extinct I'm happy with nature's ever-changing landscape of wildlife

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post

              At Sunken Meadow, they have a field to themselves, but again, not right in front of the concessions stand.
              Amazing

              Comment


                #8
                Somebody should trap all the feral cats from their neighborhood and release them down there. Two problems solved.

                Aren't there already a lot of red foxes on Fire Island? Don't they eat boids?
                Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

                Comment


                  #9
                  can't have minor inconveniences LOL.
                  let's make america great again

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lovemyglock View Post

                    You're absolutely right. My father lives on Chincoteague Island and loves to fish on neighboring Assateague Island (it's a national seashore). Half of his favorite spots are now closed because of the plover. I think he hates them as much as all of you.

                    As long as squirrels don't go extinct I'm happy with nature's ever-changing landscape of wildlife
                    Aren't squirrels just bushy tailed rats? They'll never go extinct. Except if we start eating them in a post apocalyptic environment.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Piping Plover tastes like chicken.

                      Just sayin'
                      When they kick out your front door
                      How you gonna come?
                      With your hands on your head
                      Or on the trigger of your gun?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Dammit! I bought an effing gas guzzling SUV so I can go fishing off the beach and now I can't?
                        WTF!
                        SHADAP VARMINT!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          a few of us and some bird shot can take care of this real fast
                          "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
                            So for the last 2-3 year my friends have been doing Saturday trips to the outer beach. They always had gone to Shinecock so I never went (not worth the trip). I have been arguing about the benefit of Smith Point the whole time and finally got enough of them to agree that it is better not driving the extra 30-40 minutes east. And sure enough those fucking plovers are back and the beach is closed. If theyre too stupid to move their nests than fuck em let them them die. Now I have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to try and get squeezed a foot away from another truck on Shinecock.
                            First world problems.
                            NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I just hate that they shit all over my car because people find it necessary to feed the motherfuckers in the parking lot at work

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X