I fucking hate birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fucking hate birds

So for the last 2-3 year my friends have been doing Saturday trips to the outer beach. They always had gone to Shinecock so I never went (not worth the trip). I have been arguing about the benefit of Smith Point the whole time and finally got enough of them to agree that it is better not driving the extra 30-40 minutes east. And sure enough those fucking plovers are back and the beach is closed. If theyre too stupid to move their nests than fuck em let them them die. Now I have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to try and get squeezed a foot away from another truck on Shinecock.
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Notice how they never nest in front of the Million dollar mansions and ruin their summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
      So for the last 2-3 year my friends have been doing Saturday trips to the outer beach. They always had gone to Shinecock so I never went (not worth the trip). I have been arguing about the benefit of Smith Point the whole time and finally got enough of them to agree that it is better not driving the extra 30-40 minutes east. And sure enough those fucking plovers are back and the beach is closed. If theyre too stupid to move their nests than fuck em let them them die. Now I have to wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to try and get squeezed a foot away from another truck on Shinecock.
      At Sunken Meadow, they have a field to themselves, but again, not right in front of the concessions stand.
      Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Comment

what pisses me off is i finally make headway and my one stubborn friend gets to say "see your precious beach is closed, that doesnt happen at Shin"
        "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Things have been going extinct for millions of years. It's a natural process. One thing leaves, others move in to fill the void. The earth isn't going to stop spinning because nature decides some tiny insignificant plant or animal has got to go. The dodo bird has been extinct now for over a hundred years. Hasn't affected my life any. The way I see it, all these environmentalists are just interfering with a perfectly fine natural process. And getting in the way of my surf fishing too.

Comment

Originally posted by imrich View Post
            Things have been going extinct for millions of years. It's a natural process. One thing leaves, others move in to fill the void. The earth isn't going to stop spinning because nature decides some tiny insignificant plant or animal has got to go. The dodo bird has been extinct now for over a hundred years. Hasn't affected my life any. The way I see it, all these environmentalists are just interfering with a perfectly fine natural process. And getting in the way of my surf fishing too.
            You're absolutely right. My father lives on Chincoteague Island and loves to fish on neighboring Assateague Island (it's a national seashore). Half of his favorite spots are now closed because of the plover. I think he hates them as much as all of you.

As long as squirrels don't go extinct I'm happy with nature's ever-changing landscape of wildlife

Comment

Originally posted by HowardRoark View Post

At Sunken Meadow, they have a field to themselves, but again, not right in front of the concessions stand.
              Amazing

Comment

Somebody should trap all the feral cats from their neighborhood and release them down there. Two problems solved.

Aren't there already a lot of red foxes on Fire Island? Don't they eat boids?
                Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

can't have minor inconveniences LOL.
                  let's make america great again

Comment

Originally posted by Lovemyglock View Post

You're absolutely right. My father lives on Chincoteague Island and loves to fish on neighboring Assateague Island (it's a national seashore). Half of his favorite spots are now closed because of the plover. I think he hates them as much as all of you.

As long as squirrels don't go extinct I'm happy with nature's ever-changing landscape of wildlife
                    Aren't squirrels just bushy tailed rats? They'll never go extinct. Except if we start eating them in a post apocalyptic environment.

Comment

Piping Plover tastes like chicken.

Just sayin'
                      When they kick out your front door
                      How you gonna come?
                      With your hands on your head
                      Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Dammit! I bought an effing gas guzzling SUV so I can go fishing off the beach and now I can't?
                        WTF!
                        SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

a few of us and some bird shot can take care of this real fast

Comment

Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
                            First world problems.
                            NRA LIFE | SAF | GOA | UTAH / NH / FL / PA / NY CCW | APPLESEED RIFLEMAN | RSO | FREEPORT R&R | NSCA | NYSRPA

Comment

I just hate that they shit all over my car because people find it necessary to feed the motherfuckers in the parking lot at work

Comment

Working...
                              X