Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have you donated a car

looking to donate a car. Any suggestions where/
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

I did https://www.svdpusa.org/ last time.

Comment

donate to fire department. Instead of salvage value, you get full blue book value. Assuming you still itemize this makes a big donation

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
        donate to fire department. Instead of salvage value, you get full blue book value. Assuming you still itemize this makes a big donation
        This

We even got a video of the Hurst tool ripping it up.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
          I donated a car to the FD once with the stipulation that I get to rip a door off. That was 15 years ago and I still havent touched the jaws of life.

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post

This

We even got a video of the Hurst tool ripping it up.
            Did hills promised me video too, never got it.

Comment

Any info on the fire department donation

Comment

Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Check with Boces

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                    looking to donate a car. Any suggestions where/
                    We donated our Honda Civic to the Vietnam Vets of America - they scheduled a pick-up, came to get the car and gave us a tax receipt for the book value. You get the receipt after they take posession and assess it's value (wherever they take it to), not when they pick it up. Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                      That's a bannable offense, right there.
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X