Harbor freight trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harbor freight trailer

So I have had a lot going on in the last few months and have not been on here much. But I changed jobs again and now bought another house and moving to Suffolk. To help with the move and my busy life, I bought a harbor freight trailer. For under $300 and carries 1100 pounds and comes with paperwork and vin. Thought it was a good deal and can keep using it after the move.

Just wondering what what you all thought of these. Figured I can always find a use for it. I wonder if I can trust it to tow a quad up to my property 150 miles away. Or pick up a cord of firewood. Anyone hear of experiences with these?

I had one 20 years ago, made 3 trips to Daytona hauling 2 bikes without problem. Loaned it out never got it back. ☹

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post
      I had one 20 years ago, made 3 trips to Daytona hauling 2 bikes without problem. Loaned it out never got it back. ☹
      No good deed goes unpunished.
      Retired and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by oshwan View Post
        Florida? Wow that makes me happy to know I can take this the distance!

Comment

Yup, Fla for bike week. Consider though it was 20 years ago , manufacturing most likely changed. Could be better worse. Yrmv

Comment

I do not believe it has the capacity to carry a cord of wood ,single axel ,small tires. I’m sure it will work fine carry a jack and spare tire always. And Greece those bearing once in while. It would not hurt to coat the bottom with bed liner they tend to rust.also check the 1100# is the gross wt? You may have a 400# tare which would limit you to 700#. Just asking you know ...don’t want to see you in trouble doing insane things like I do.
            Last edited by mickeyblueyes; 10-01-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
              I do not believe it has the capacity to carry a cord of wood ,single axel ,small tires. I’m sure it will work fine carry a jack and spare tire always. And Greece those bearing once in while. It would not hurt to coat the bottom with bed liner they tend to rust.also check the 1100# is the gross wt? You may have a 400# tare which would limit you to 700#. Just asking you know ...don’t want to see you in trouble doing insane things like I do.
              Good idea with the rust proofing idea. My car can’t tow more than 1500 pounds so it’s not going to be crazy towing. But will be helpful to take a fridge or couch to the dump

Comment

Working...
              X