Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets discuss some older cars you are thinking of buying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Especially if it's a L-79 model. What a fun car to run.
    L-79 nova are the most underrated muscle cars of the 60’s. What a fun car
    The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
      Very pricy now but wouldn't mind having a Datsun 58c8320a3d5f1_Exterior23-1-940x613.jpg 240Z either.
      The prices are high because you need a perfect climate controlled garage with a dehumidifier to prevent it from rusting to death

I had a very low mileage 280z that I restored twice and kept in a garage and still couldn’t keep the rust away
      The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

The prices are high because you need a perfect climate controlled garage with a dehumidifier to prevent it from rusting to death

I had a very low mileage 280z that I restored twice and kept in a garage and still couldn’t keep the rust away
        Eventually, the whole body will be replaced with Bondo.

My first car was a '71 Chevy Nova. Seemed like every weekend I was out out there working on it, fixing something or replacing something. My neighbor comes by and says "Chris, why don't you just get a new car?" I said, "I am."
        No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

Bought my dad a 76 Cordoba as a retirement gift... hes been looking for one for a while because he had one when he was younger. I wanted to get him a 69 road runner (he had one of those too) that was in rougher shape so that he had something to really work on in retirement but mom and my brother out voted me. He still loves tinkering on this thing and loves that he doesn't have to worry about it as if it was a numbers matching road runner.
          "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Corinthian leather.

Comment

Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
              Bought my dad a 76 Cordoba as a retirement gift... hes been looking for one for a while because he had one when he was younger. I wanted to get him a 69 road runner (he had one of those too) that was in rougher shape so that he had something to really work on in retirement but mom and my brother out voted me. He still loves tinkering on this thing and loves that he doesn't have to worry about it as if it was a numbers matching road runner.
              Hope he ditched the Lean-burn system asap. 318 or 360. ..or 400?

Comment

This thread is great. Mostly depressing, but still great.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonic View Post
                  Very pricy now but wouldn't mind having a Datsun 58c8320a3d5f1_Exterior23-1-940x613.jpg 240Z either.
                  If I'm not mistake isn't that a Fairlady? I'm just going by the placement of the mirrors. The Fairlady was modified I believe before import into the US.
                  The escape is 3/4 complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

If I remember mostly just rearward of the seats in a cross member was a big issue.
                    The escape is 3/4 complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

I had three different Dodge Challengers in the 70's (sold them all for $500 each in the 80's to pay for grad school), including a V-8 convertible with Hurst pistol grip shifter and another a big blockRT with shaker hood. Worst economic decision ever. I would love before I die to get back into a nice 70 or 71 with a four speed.

The problem with having to move out of NY State soon is that it's kept my plans to buy a classic car on hold.
                      Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post

If I'm not mistake isn't that a Fairlady? I'm just going by the placement of the mirrors. The Fairlady was modified I believe before import into the US.
                        You're right! I believe it may be a Fairlady. I was just looking for a random photo of a 240Z.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post

Hope he ditched the Lean-burn system asap. 318 or 360. ..or 400?
                          360... ive never heard of that till now but damn does it look stupid... ive trying to tell him it needs a bit more pep anyway so ill push this.
                          "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                            I had three different Dodge Challengers in the 70's (sold them all for $500 each in the 80's to pay for grad school), including a V-8 convertible with Hurst pistol grip shifter and another a big blockRT with shaker hood. Worst economic decision ever. I would love before I die to get back into a nice 70 or 71 with a four speed.

The problem with having to move out of NY State soon is that it's kept my plans to buy a classic car on hold.
                            why.??????????? that is what u haul is for
                            You had a big block shaker car , rare as hens teeth

Comment

Working...
                            X