Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the deal with car insurance tracker device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

A few years ago I looked into doing that with my 12-14 year old Acura. The savings would have been about $100 on a car with a book value of $2k. Not the savings I expected.
    Every little bit counts.

Try taking the Defensive Driver course too for the discount.

Presuming you have a good driving record no reason why your liability rate would be soooo high.
    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post

Every little bit counts.

Try taking the Defensive Driver course too for the discount.

Presuming you have a good driving record no reason why your liability rate would be soooo high.
      Actually, my rate is pretty good. I’ve shopped around and GEICO was the best I could find. Been with them 20 years or more.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

My agent called today to say adding one could save me 30% I told her no way.
        Ben

Comment

Is it a GPS unit? Or a black box that records you time in motion, time stopped, min/max/avg speed, accelerations etc?

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
            Is it a GPS unit? Or a black box that records you time in motion, time stopped, min/max/avg speed, accelerations etc?
            Typically the latter, the plug into the OBD port normally.
            Ben

Comment

I got a USAA quote for my father a year ago. When I saw the number I thought.. "Huh.. everyone says they're so cheap but it's only a $50's cheaper!" Then I realized USAA's quote was for only six months, not the 12 month price I was comparing it to. No thanks.
              Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket.

Comment

On LI you're not going to find "cheap".

Comment

Working...
                X