Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the deal with car insurance tracker device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the deal with car insurance tracker device?

My auto rates have skyrocketed over the last few years with no tickets or changes on my end. I’m in the process of shopping around and they are all pushing these devices. Obviously I don’t want to be tracked but does anybody have any experience with them?

Any recommendations for auto/home insurance welcome also. Thanks

I switched from Geico to Allstate and saved about 1200.00 a year for the same coverage. I did not do the tracker monitor thing. Tired of everything monitoring and tracking.

Comment

Trackers = don’t feed the beast. I don’t even trust those things not to be miked.

Comment

I'm sure my insurance would go up after the triple digits start rolling in.....

Comment

Try Safeco Insurance. They have been bought by Liberty Insurance. I switched from Geico and saved almost 50%. No tracking device required.
          Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Never ever voluntarily invite a tracking device into your life. Not only will this thing be an aspect of your everyday driving life but it will probably be used to send advertising to your phone. Ever get stuck behind one of these jackoffs who do exactly the speed limit or less while the stroke is brewing in your head? Assholes who consider themselves such safe drivers while everyone who has to get somewhere is forced to pass them on the right. Don't be that dick.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefSailer View Post
              Try Safeco Insurance. They have been bought by Liberty Insurance. I switched from Geico and saved almost 50%. No tracking device required.
              Thanks, if you used a broker could you pm the info.

Comment

Military? Go USAA. Especially if younger. For decades I have gotten back several hundred dollars (now double that) every December as part of a disbursement from my "subscribers savings account." Last year as a 40 year member I started getting back a second "bonus" which comes in mid- February. It exceeded the SSA ! When Geico or Allstate call I tell them I have USAA and that ends the convo.

Comment

I drive over 80 far too much, but I have one on my wife's car. It doesn't track location and they don't share data (they say).

If you can cruise at 79, avoid swerving, and leave enough distance to prevent stopping short, it'll save you money. If not, don't use it.prevent

Oh, and when I need to drive her car, I either follow the rules of the road or hank it out before I start the car and replace it after I get home and turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
                    Military? Go USAA. Especially if younger. For decades I have gotten back several hundred dollars (now double that) every December as part of a disbursement from my "subscribers savings account." Last year as a 40 year member I started getting back a second "bonus" which comes in mid- February. It exceeded the SSA ! When Geico or Allstate call I tell them I have USAA and that ends the convo.
                    I called USAA several years ago and they were almost twice the price of allstate and wouldn't touch my house.

Comment

My wife did it in my car and it cost me 20 dollars mor a month due to hi mileage 80+ per day

Comment

Originally posted by Fandj View Post
                        My wife did it in my car and it cost me 20 dollars mor a month due to hi mileage 80+ per day
                        Theeeeerrrreeeee ya go. They aren't interested in your safety at all. It's all about how they can squeeze every last penny out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
                          Never ever voluntarily invite a tracking device into your life. Not only will this thing be an aspect of your everyday driving life but it will probably be used to send advertising to your phone. Ever get stuck behind one of these jackoffs who do exactly the speed limit or less while the stroke is brewing in your head? Assholes who consider themselves such safe drivers while everyone who has to get somewhere is forced to pass them on the right. Don't be that dick.
                          They will also use it against you in court should a lawsuit arise from an accident.

Comment

No fuckin' way
                            No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Comment

You’re out of your mind to even think about that.
                              NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
                              NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
                              Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Working...
                              X