Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 year old gas with stabil in a car. What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 year old gas with stabil in a car. What would you do?

Just had a carb rebuilt on a 1977 corvette. put it on, had a local shop adjust it, car runs great.

I've got about a gallon or two of two year old gas that had normal stabil in it left in the car.

Pump it out? Or screw it, just top the tank off with fresh gas and maybe a can of seafoam?

What are your thoughts?

-Vick
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

I would top it off and run it.

Comment

If you value the carb... which you should because you just put money into it, I would drain the tank and put in fresh. This isn't some turd bomb, right?

Comment

funnie kid : car has been in the family life about 7 years longer then you , top the tank off with high test add 1 shot of scotch , drive the ' " crude American " sports car
        and hope the gas lines don't piss on the garage floor or that german thing it sleeps nex to
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

update, I siphoned it out as my pump broke. been a while since I did that.

Turns out it had about a gallon in it. I should have just topped it off.

Comment

i've had old carb cars laying around for years and all i ever did was top them off .Never really put any miles on them either

Comment

If the tank was clean, i would have added more stabil and topped it off with a high detergent gas and ran it. Maybe a bottle of Techron too.

Comment

Full Send! but it makes more sense to add more gas to hedge your bet.
                Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Top it off with some 93 and send it.
                  Maybe change the fuel filter

Comment

I would also add 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, 1 cup flour, 1 stick butter and a handful of chocolate chips, bake at 350 and you have high octane cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
                      Top it off with some 93 and send it.
                      Maybe change the fuel filter
                      Ha. Just changed fuel filter and check valve.......Got the old gas out of the tank and filled with 93.

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

Ha. Just changed fuel filter and check valve.......Got the old gas out of the tank and filled with 93.
                        I would still add a bottle of seafoam to the tank for good measure, it can only help.

Comment

Drill a hole in the tank and drain it out. Plug the hole with a sheet metal screw and some Karnak and you're gtg. 👍

Comment

Stale 10% ethanol gas has a distinct smell. If the gas smells fresh, use it.

Even stale gas is usable if you filter it and remove any water. There are funnels for each. The filtered gas can be diluted and used in less fussy vehicles, which is less work than taking it to a recycling center.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
                              Drill a hole in the tank and drain it out. Plug the hole with a sheet metal screw and some Karnak and you're gtg. 👍
                              Bubble gum if that's all that's available...

Comment

Working...
                              X