Ceramic coatings for new car. Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67Builder View Post
    If you want to keep the car and want to actually protect the paint. Go with a clearbra on all the front facing chip prone areas. Pricy, but will take some serious hits and your paint will survive. The ceramic coatings are good at certain things like keeping your car cleaner. Usually can just rinse it off and it’ll be pretty clean. If your wheels are prone to brake dust collection and rust, it’s a good idea to coat them because again. They can just rinse clean in most cases with just water pressure.

But after doing all the above to several cars, it’s just not worth the cost of admission.
    Between clearbra and ceramic coatings you’re going to be well over 3k into paint protection. I spent over 5k on my current car, and then proceeded to spin it off track at VIR turn 10 and mangled the front end.
    In 5 years if your paint looks crappy, just spend that money to paint your car.
    Can you get a car painted well for 5k?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Not stripped bare and redone, but certainly scuff and shoot (as long as the body is reasonably straight).
      This is a Tesla, not a show car that requires some deep sexy paint. Daily driver repaint is doable under 5k.

Comment

I've never owned a car for less than 9 years and had one as long as 18 years. The lowest mileage I've put on a car was 137 K and and the most was 186 K.

They all gradually aged and oxidized over time and showed the usual signs of use and wear. It didn't really bother me. Nothing lasts forever.
        • To be human is to be armed.
        • Social media are the "Assault Weapons" of the First Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

Decent not show quality. Removing door handles, moldings , masking is alot of labor.

Same color 5k is pretty close , esp if shop is slow

Comment

Working...
          X