Looking for a shop for auto electrical issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a shop for auto electrical issues

My 2004 Ford Expedition is having electrical issues. I need to find a good shop preferably near North Bellmore who can troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

The issue I am having is that my car would not start today and no electrical was working including the remote connected to my remote start to unlock the doors. When I manually unlocked the doors and tried to start the car I noticed a relay clicking. I pulled off the cover for the fuses and relays and pulled one relay at a time but even after pulling all the relays I could not find which one was causing the issue. I am pretty sure that the issue is related to the humidity we had over the weekend as the car was fine on Friday and I had a similar issue where the car wouldn't start and then was fine a few days later.
    Ben

check all connections on the battery and its wires , if you have the large electrical connections under the plastic covers passenger side by firewall , look under there also . might just be dirty loose connections.
    if nothing there looks unruly check the wiring by the starter, there is a power strap that rots out also .
    i do not know of a shop any more to recommend

Comment

Did you try cleaning your battery contacts? Sounds stupid but it's an easy thing to try. That relay clicking could be low voltage from a corroded contact that also can intermittently cause total power loss. Go to autozone and get a terminal cleaner for $5 and try it.
      Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
        Did you try cleaning your battery contacts? Sounds stupid but it's an easy thing to try. That relay clicking could be low voltage from a corroded contact that also can intermittently cause total power loss. Go to autozone and get a terminal cleaner for $5 and try it.
        When I had a similar problem a month or so ago the terminals were clean and tight. I will double check in the morning though.
        Ben

Comment

Working...
        X