Ford Dealer Service Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Dealer Service Help

My 2009 F-150 kinda took a crap. Almost 170,000 miles, clean and runs like a top. Till Sunday afternoon. It went into a no start condition all of a sudden. Would crank perfectly, but would not crank over. Fast foward to Monday, AAA tows it to my local repair shop........

Get the call yesterday afternoon and he tells me I can pick it up, BUT it needs to go to a Ford Dealer, due to some computer issues. He was able to start it after hooking up his scan tool, but codes tell him every injector is no good and a bunch of other bad stuff. He thinks maybe it can be flashed and reset, OR it may need a new computer-That would suck.........

Truck's in a local shop in Rockville Centre, so I called: 1) Crown Ford in Lynbrook, 12 minutes on hold for a service advisor, no thanks. 2) Hasset Ford in Wantagh- I was told I need to call their "truck shop", got transfered twice and left voicemails, both times, no response yet........

Good news is my local shop did not charge me for his time. He also said he can get it started again using his scan tool so I can drive it to a dealer (He had said he had it running yesterday). First I need to figure:
    1) Where to bring it?
    2) Do I have him start it for me and risk driving it and breaking down on me?
    3) Get it towed to a dealer by AAA, and pay the cost for additional mileage?

What say you?

Sorry to hear that. Buy a Chevy, they run badly longer than most cars run...
    SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Call the Ford dealer in Hempstead (N Franklin) . See if they fit the bill. The manager is a good guy.
      Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

I called Hempstead Ford and could not make an appointment without my VIN....
        Just made an appointment in Hempstead for NEXT TUESDAY, their earliest for diagnostic work. Boy, am I in the wrong business.......

Comment

Originally posted by Loadingdockman View Post
          I called Hempstead Ford and could not make an appointment without my VIN....
          Just made an appointment in Hempstead for NEXT TUESDAY, their earliest for diagnostic work. Boy, am I in the wrong business.......
          I'll see them Saturday, pm me with info. Let me know if I need to spit in their food. See you Tuesday bro

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post

I'll see them Saturday, pm me with info. Let me know if I need to spit in their food. See you Tuesday bro
            Preview.jpg
            SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Don't go to Sayville Ford for anything other than a plain oil change and tire rotation. Took them FOUR visits to replace a headlamp and THREE visits to replace an emblem - that they broke sometime during the first four visits!

Comment

Working...
              X