Life Member:
    American Suppressor Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Rifle Association

Comment

Long overdue.

Comment

Is Cuhomo gonna send his KGB to make sure the drivers wear masks?
        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Finally the Riverhead government got there heads out of their asses! Win win for car and motorcycle people, and make money for Riverhead!
          stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

But I don't fit into my wife's clothes?!?
            LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

was going to run the car there , but may not be able to

Comment

As of now the event is sold out for racers and spectators online. Was $350 to race and $30 to watch for both days. $25 at the gate for each day but limited by Covid rules to just what was sold online.
                FUAC.

Comment

Another promoter has applied for a permit to race 1/8 mile events in July and August. The check has been cashed and waiting for final permits. Supposed to be sanctioned by NHRA.

Comment

I'm surprised the runways are still in good shape

Comment

I was lucky enough to get viewing tickets, friend was all over it. Not able to race it was sold out. They are Mustang and Hellcat guys. They wanted me to race my. Civic.... fockers. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by LI Ammo View Post
                        But I don't fit into my wife's clothes?!?
                        Even better...

(I know. I'm a sick man.)

Comment

Great venue. While looking at googlemaps some months ago I even thought to myself , wow this would make a great dragstrip!. Lo and behold here we are. I hope they hold more of these. There's a lot of motorsports history right here in the island. As a side note a buddy took me to the old Bridgehamton racetrack while we were out for a ride on our mororcycles. It's part of a private luxury golf course now or some such but anyway we managed to ride around till some people were giving us the evil eye and finally had to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaphank Kid View Post
                            I'm surprised the runways are still in good shape
                            Those runways were manicured concrete, and were never heavily used. They were built with USN money, and they never had the frequency of say, JFK. They weren’t done by who the fuck re-did the SSP/Belt a few years ago.

The runways had to be built for a freighter to use, if needed. An F-14 was 60,000 lbs., with full internal fuel and stores. A 747 freighter can be over 800,000 lbs fully loaded. The military C-5 was even bigger. In other words, they were massively overbuilt.
                            Steve

Comment

• Crz_alt
                              Crz_alt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I had landed there years ago under special use authorization. They were perfect not that long ago.

Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

Those runways were manicured concrete, and were never heavily used. They were built with USN money, and they never had the frequency of say, JFK. They weren’t done by who the fuck re-did the SSP/Belt a few years ago.

The runways had to be built for a freighter to use, if needed. An F-14 was 60,000 lbs., with full internal fuel and stores. A 747 freighter can be over 800,000 lbs fully loaded. The military C-5 was even bigger. In other words, they were massively overbuilt.
                            Unless they are running no prep the top surface should be asphalt with a top coat of TrackBite "VHT" .

Comment

Working...
                            X