THE BOSS’ CAR: A Wimbledon White 429

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

the picture / avatar car is a R code 428 scj ram air car , but powered by a 366 cu in sbf - with a millennia anti theft device -- vertigate shifter ---and it makes a shit ton of power
    A buddy of mine is building a Shelby kit. He's putting a 302 in it with a posi traction rear end.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

How does it handle?
      goes straight pretty dam good , turning decently but not as well as a normal car . has 3-1/2" wide tires in front and a spool in the rear . so not so well

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post

goes straight pretty dam good , turning decently but not as well as a normal car . has 3-1/2" wide tires in front and a spool in the rear . so not so well
        My buddy asked about a 429 for the kit but they discouraged him from doing it, they said professional drivers didn't like the combination.
        Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

• Diesel1
          Diesel1 commented
          Editing a comment
          427 no? friend of a friend of a friend has a Kirkham Shelby - by far the nicest of the "kits". All aluminum body, raw brushed aluminum finish (Ya'll can think about that - no paint, no bondo etc to hide shit....) 427 and it screams. He took me for a ride once and I still get wood thinking about it!

No replacement for displacement! With my fat ass in the car, there's plenty of weight behind the front wheels! lol

A buddy of mine is building a Shelby kit. He's putting a 302 in it with a posi traction rear end.
        Vinny Gambini : And why not? What is positraction?

Mona Lisa Vito : It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.
        "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
        Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
        Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Would love to have a Shelby kit car, to go with my modern Shelby. Only thing stopping me is no garage to put it in.

Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

My buddy asked about a 429 for the kit but they discouraged him from doing it, they said professional drivers didn't like the combination.
            i would put in a 427 medium riser or a 428 built right . 302 is for sissies

Comment

Working...
            X