Tire vendor needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire vendor needed

I want to replace the stock tires on my Wrangler. I just got back from Mavis (Hillside, New Hyde Park) empty handed. The tires they ordered for me were 2.5 years old and showing brown discoloration on the sidewalls.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

All weather tire in Huntington.it's not a terrible trip from the port. It's worth it, trust me. You can hit karps and campsite and tell the mrs. They took long to do the tires...
    The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

All weather in Huntington
      III%

Comment

All weather

Comment

Thanks guys. I see a trend here.

Comment

Just had tires put on the wife's car this morning. Shlomy at Fast Tire Shop in Queens. 718 533-0789.
            He was recommend by another member. Also installed tires on my kid's Jeep.
            He came in about $150 cheaper than anyone else for the same tires.
            Last edited by Mad Russian; 09-03-2016, 01:18 PM.
            SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

i've gotten tires from them http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...dTireSearch.do
              "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
                They're a sponsor at the Wrangler Forum. I spoke with them. For some reason they sell a Canada Tire only version of the tire I want (Cooper Discoverer AT/W). The Canadian version is the XT/4 and isn't even listed at the Cooper site. I've gotten mixed info from both Cooper and Discount Tire Direct about whether the two versions are the same with different names. Otherwise they'd be the best deal with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

They're a sponsor at the Wrangler Forum. I spoke with them. For some reason they sell a Canada Tire only version of the tire I want (Cooper Discoverer AT/W). The Canadian version is the XT/4 and isn't even listed at the Cooper site. I've gotten mixed info from both Cooper and Discount Tire Direct about whether the two versions are the same with different names. Otherwise they'd be the best deal with free shipping.
                  https://www.treaddepot.com/#!productGroup/tires/datw
                  Last edited by Vitaman; 09-03-2016, 02:42 PM.
                  "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post
                    I want to replace the stock tires on my Wrangler. I just got back from Mavis (Hillside, New Hyde Park) empty handed. The tires they ordered for me were 2.5 years old and showing brown discoloration on the sidewalls.
                    don''t know about other Mavis dealers but these guys are real 'used car dealer' types. they try to sell you all kinds of shit you don't need by telling you that things like shocks, brakes, etc are shot and need to be replaced when they are fine.

Comment

avoid Mavis Jericho Garden City Park. did a lot of damage lifting my truck and now getting run around

Comment

Mavis burn't me once; would never go back.
                        Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Mavis = rip off monkeys. Avoid like the plague.
                          Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Worst balancing of tires . I had dealer re-balance, totally off when Mavis did them. Also did not put tires at manufact pressures set off all my tire pressure sensors. Stay away from Mavis.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
                              Mavis = rip off monkeys. Avoid like the plague.
                              I'm just buying the tires. My regular mechanic will mount and balance. But how does it seem normal to be paying not only tax but some sort of shipping fee if I'm picking them up at Mavis?
                              $795 for 5 tires + tax and ? Two Mavis places quoted me $908.60. Tires + tax should be $863.57.

Comment

Working...
                              X