Bill Could Increase New York Cigar Tax to 129 Percent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
    This place in Pa right over the bridge in Hancock makes good money selling to New Yorkers.
    How long before there are NYS troopers undercover there, reporting the license plate numbers of people going to those stores and then having them stopped entering NY. With the LP scanners they have everywhere it’s easy. Don’t they do that with fireworks?
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
    Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
    Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I gave up cigars few years back, my son smokes them, and now I will enjoy one with him once in a while. He visits the local smoke lounge and also orders others online. NY wants to make things inconvenient and expensive... quit or pay up... getting close to tar and feather time.

Comment

http://www.nativelandsmokeshop.com/List/Premium-Cigars

9fd22f18-3082-566b-8583-296bab3e0012.jpg
        True freedom and our inherent responsibility:
        https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...18&version=NLT
        https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hronicles+7:14

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
          M-14BULLETTS commented
          Editing a comment
          have you gone there ?? i just googled it and there is like ten smoke shops on the block ---wow

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
        How long before there are NYS troopers undercover there, reporting the license plate numbers of people going to those stores and then having them stopped entering NY. With the LP scanners they have everywhere it’s easy. Don’t they do that with fireworks?
        Fireworks are illegal in NY, cigars are not. All they can try to do is collect the extra tax, and they're not going to deploy the State Police for that.
        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

• Finicky Fat Guy
          Finicky Fat Guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Avoiding taxes is illegal and they have gone after people shopping in other states (NJ) for it. They’ve sent police to look for plates in NJ mall parking lots to catch people who didn’t pay the NY sales tax when they came back to NY. For a significant amount of tax revenue, they’ll do the same.

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
        what a great use of the police. Real criminals are free to walk the streets, but if you buy smokes from out of state... off to slammer. Maybe not jail, but you can bet you'll be paying a hefty fine.

Comment

Avoiding taxes is illegal and they have gone after people shopping in other states (NJ) for it. They’ve sent police to look for plates in NJ mall parking lots to catch people who didn’t pay the NY sales tax when they came back to NY. For a significant amount of tax revenue, they’ll do the same.
          You don't have to pay the taxes, until you file your income taxes. And then, you can use an estimate based on your income, which is usually lower than what you probably actually would have paid. It also releases you from any liability in avoiding paying NYS taxes on out of state purchases.
          Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
          Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Postal Bob View Post

You don't have to pay the taxes, until you file your income taxes. And then, you can use an estimate based on your income, which is usually lower than what you probably actually would have paid. It also releases you from any liability in avoiding paying NYS taxes on out of state purchases.
            That may be true but I know they were doing this to NYers shopping g in NJ when NJ had a tax holiday on some classes of items. They aren’t going to arrest you but they are going to get every Nicole out of they they want.

I said cops/troopers. It might have been tax agents.
            "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
            Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
            Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by tidriver View Post

what a great use of the police. Real criminals are free to walk the streets, but if you buy smokes from out of state... off to slammer. Maybe not jail, but you can bet you'll be paying a hefty fine.
              florida cops used to bust your balls if you were an out of state worker . Cop pulled my nys plate over after I came out of a paint store and questioned me .

i showed him my florida license .

Comment

Working...
              X