Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MossbergMan
    commented on 's reply
    They probably can't afford the rising Healthcare costs for full time employees. I wonder how that happened...

• cityrepo61
    replied
    A lot of insurance companies are doing the same thing. Sending IT jobs overseas and not one of our pols is doing anything about it. If the money goes overseas who do they think will pay their salaries?

Leave a comment:

• OH UNCLE PAUL
    replied
    Originally posted by pandm View Post
    Remember how you always get a live body when you call Cablevision customer service?

Yes I do remember.

"Did you unplug and plug in your modem?"

"Why no I didn't. the problem is a tree limb fell down and took down the wire."

"Have you unplugged and plugged in your cable box?"

"No I did not. The problem is a tree limb and downed wire."

"Well sometimes these issues are handled by unplugging and plugging it back in, I'm here to help you, try that first"

"I'm sorry, I fail to see how unplugging and plugging back in my modem or cable box will fix a disconnected wire from the pole"

"Well do you have electricity?"

"Why yes I do, I do not however have phone, internet or cable TV"

"It sounds like you have to reboot your modem and cable box, just try unplugging and plugging it back in"

( I stare blankly at the downed wire and count slowly to about 300)

"Well I have tried rebooting all of my devices and I still have no cable TV, phone or internet"

"OK have all of your devices come back on?"

"No they have not, I thought I just told you that"

"Well then this is going to have to be a service call. (no shit Sherlock) I will enter you into the system"

"Great, when can someone come here to fix the downed wire?"

"Our earliest appointment is (insert daytime weekday here, which will require someone in the house to take off of work and is three days away)

"OK I can take a half day off of work if need be, can we make this in the afternoon?"

"Your window of appointment is from 9am till 3pm. We will need someone there from that time frame"

So yes I do remember dealing with the wonderfully adept individuals at cablevision.

Leave a comment:

• gripper 2.0
    replied
    new yorkistan is open for business, yup open for business

Leave a comment:

• SteveT
    replied
    I really happen to like Cablevision, I've been generally happy with the service for 10 years.

Now its all about to go down the shitter.

We're going to see significant cutbacks, that's what I hear.

Leave a comment:

• SteveT
    commented on 's reply
    Another good example..... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles-...e_b_16325.html

• Rrudo74901
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with this entirely

• Rrudo74901
    commented on 's reply
    Unions are a double edged sword. I am not a union guy. I am business owner that hires union. All my guys are hand picked and many make over scale because they are company guys.
    With a company like cable vision, the union boils it all down to the lowest common denominator, which means even if you are the BEST tech, many times you are told to slow it down to not exceed the "expected" production level. I have seen this first hand with Local 3. Not calling out Local 3 just my experience in what i do, I would rather have the right local 3 electrician and if our sub couldn't provide the guy we wanted, I would pass and wait for him rather than have a lower level of production and waste my personnel's time.
    Unions have a place and for the most part in my experience there are many very good union employees, but in many trades, productive guys get directed to slow it down.

outsourcing is not the answer in this case I agree.

• Southshorerob
    replied
    Yea I got my hot spot....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sickofny
    replied
    So we will never have fios east of the Islip-Brookhaven line and now Cablevision is going to get even crappier and probably cost more. Happy days acomin' folks

Leave a comment:

• MSA77
    replied
    Originally posted by joeydiver View Post
    I bet they go Union in a year. I know people who work there who are getting memos not to order pens, pads, stuff like that. The new owner is a real piece of work. What a legacy Dolan Jr. has left of his dads creation for Long Island.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/17/cablevi...ld-a-heavy-ax/

“I don’t like to pay salaries,” he said. “I pay as little as I can.” Drahi, whose voracious appetite for acquisitions led him to cross the Atlantic this year, has earned a reputation for ruthless cost-cutting. He seems to delight in slashing his way through companies — a French version of “Chainsaw Al,” the much-feared former Sunbeam boss Albert J. Dunlap.

http://stopthecap.com/2015/05/26/the...quick-buyouts/

Drahi has been topic number one for the French telecom press for months after his aggressive acquisition and cost-cutting strategies left a long trail of unpaid vendors and suppliers, as well as employees forced to bring their own toilet tissue to work. Customers have also started leaving his French cable company after service suffered as a result of his investment cuts.
    The real question is how much the freaking LI RINO crew got under the table for that original deal with Dolan's father!!!! I could name names, but I won't.

Leave a comment:

• Karpteach
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Russian View Post
    Does this mean rates will go down?

BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I cracked myself up! Rates never go down!
    I like it, when you crack yourself up.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Russian
    replied
    Does this mean rates will go down?

BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I cracked myself up! Rates never go down!

Leave a comment:

• joeydiver
    replied
    I bet they go Union in a year. I know people who work there who are getting memos not to order pens, pads, stuff like that. The new owner is a real piece of work. What a legacy Dolan Jr. has left of his dads creation for Long Island.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/17/cablevi...ld-a-heavy-ax/

“I don’t like to pay salaries,” he said. “I pay as little as I can.” Drahi, whose voracious appetite for acquisitions led him to cross the Atlantic this year, has earned a reputation for ruthless cost-cutting. He seems to delight in slashing his way through companies — a French version of “Chainsaw Al,” the much-feared former Sunbeam boss Albert J. Dunlap.

http://stopthecap.com/2015/05/26/the...quick-buyouts/

Drahi has been topic number one for the French telecom press for months after his aggressive acquisition and cost-cutting strategies left a long trail of unpaid vendors and suppliers, as well as employees forced to bring their own toilet tissue to work. Customers have also started leaving his French cable company after service suffered as a result of his investment cuts.

Leave a comment:

• Aquabach
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparks25 View Post
    Cablevision was union when all the initial infrastructure work was being done and had to be done right. Then the Dolans decided that they didn't have to pay a living wage and benefits anymore and threw the union out. they started to use "independent contractors" (translation, no social security, FICA, workmen's comp, benefits, etc.) Many if not most employees just took it and went back to working at a lower scale rather than fight. The chickens have come home to roost.
    Isn't amazing how a liberal propaganda machine that pushes a liberal agenda get's rid of organized labor when it makes or saves themselves money?
    Whether someone thinks unions are good or bad liberal hypocrisy is certainly well shown here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X