how do I download a video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I download a video

I have a video on my smart phone, how do I download it to my laptop and then to a thumb drive, my guess I use the USB charging lead to my laptop, then the video on the laptop?
    stay alive, carry a 45

email it to yourself? Any number of free cloud service apps can save it to your cloud drive from the phone, then access it from your pc?

Comment

So no special software is needed?
      stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
        So no special software is needed?
        to email it to yourself, no. If you have an email account liked on your smartphone, then no thrid party program is required. For the cloud service, you may need an app on either your phone or PC. If you have an android phone, Google Drive should already be on your phone and you should be able to access it from the PC without an app. Either way, all these apps are free unless you are storing massive amounts of photos/videos

Comment

Depending on the size of the video, emailing could be a problem. It could take a while or not come through at all. Some email services have file size limits. You will also use data from your cell plan, if that's an issue.

You should just be able to connect your USB charging cable. Windows should automatically install a suitable driver. I'm surprised you've never done it before. How do you usually charge the phone? The phone should show up just like another storage device (e.g., hard drive, USB, etc.). Browse it in Windows Explorer and find the file.
          No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Personally, I hang out with 20 year old's at work and they take care of all of these problems for me.

Comment

Direct transfer is best/easiest route. Just like you thought, connect your usb to the laptop. Depending on your make/model of phone, you may have to select from a menu on the phone, the choice to connect as a storage device(my Motorola requires this). After that, it shows up on the computer as an ordinary external drive. Find the file in the folder, and then drag-N-drop. Easy peasy. With the quality of today's camera's, the video file sizes get quite biggly.

Comment

Connect the phone via usb to computer and after a few seconds it should ask you if you want to import pictures and videos.

If not, what kind of phone, and what operating system on your computer?
                A sunny day
                A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

All done did a direct transfer, windows 10 opened and ask if I want to start a download, very simple.
                  stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

Working...
                  X