Wi-Fi calling for Android is now active on AT&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wi-Fi calling for Android is now active on AT&T

If you run into problems setting it up, don't speak to Customer Service (idiots with canned scripts), speak to Technical Support!
    Post count uber alles!
    Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money!
    If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con', what is the opposite of 'progress'?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.
    A nation of sheep, invites a government of wolves.

it's already up on Verizon, no? i am just about ready to ditch the iphone for good and go with droid

Comment

Not long ago we had a hacking incident at work. We brought in an IT security expert to do a review. One thing he told us was that his firm doesn't allow any Android devices on their corporate network. That was good enough for me.
      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Seriously look at the Samsung S7 Active. (Only available on AT&T). Bigger battery (4000 mah) gets me 3-4 days without recharging plus all the build strength features. Best thing I ever did was ditch VERIZON, especially since I live on the North Shore.
        Post count uber alles!
        Saying we don’t need firearms because we have the Police is like saying we don’t need fire extinguishers because we have the Fire Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
          Not long ago we had a hacking incident at work. We brought in an IT security expert to do a review. One thing he told us was that his firm doesn't allow any Android devices on their corporate network. That was good enough for me.
          Ridiculous. Hillary was and still is using a VERIZON phone. Didn't get her very far.
          Post count uber alles!

Comment

Anybody using it without problems? got a new 'droid last fall and tried it briefly, nothing but trouble so 'off' it went. I've got unlimited anyway, so have no need for it

Comment

I have TMobile and the wifi calling is a great feature if you can have it. I used to live up by the water in Kings Park and tried all the carriers and none of them had service in my house. TMobile had the wifi calling which was a bit crap back then, but still was much better then nothing. It is much better now and useful inside buildings. I very rarely don't have service now.

And the S7 is a great phone. I am hoping my S5 breaks one day so I have a reason to upgrade!
              Brandon

NRA LIFE | SAF | UT / NH / FL / CT / NY CCW | RSO | FREEPORT R&R

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post
                Anybody using it without problems? got a new 'droid last fall and tried it briefly, nothing but trouble so 'off' it went. I've got unlimited anyway, so have no need for it
                I just installed it this morning. With the exception of Tech Support having to turn it on for my new phone (I used the sim from my S6) it works flawlessly.
                You will notice a significant increase of battery life because when on 4G/LTE, your phone is doing autonomous registration (signing into the cell system every once in a while to the nearest cell site) and if you are far away, uses much more power.
                Post count uber alles!

Comment

I have a company issued T-Mobile Samsung S6 that works just fine, but it only sits on my desk in my home office and gets used when I work from home. Wifi calling works fine, but it is kind of a gimmick, unless you use it to call out of the country. But then again, there are a ton of free apps for wifi calling on your cell phone, so being included wouldnt be important anyway.

My biggest pet peeve with my iphone and wifi is the data gets locked up when the phone detects wifi but there is no connection. It tries to communicate via wifi and just wastes time. When it finally gives up on the connection, I have to refresh again for cellular data network. Dont know if this is an iphone problem or just cellphones in general.

Comment

That is likely because androids are far easier for the user to root and/or generally mess with, unknowingly creating more security vulnerabilities. In the right hands android are light years ahead of iphones in all respects.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyj513 View Post

That is likely because androids are far easier for the user to root and/or generally mess with, unknowingly creating more security vulnerabilities. In the right hands android are light years ahead of iphones in all respects.
                      Ditto that! How long did it take Crapple to come out with copy and paste for the iPhoney?
                      It also laughable how long before they conceded to make larger screens for fanbois. While everyone else could get a large screen Apple devotees had to squint.
                      And then there was "antenna gate", to which apple replied "You're all stupid and don't know how to hold the phone properly, so here's a free rubber band to make you feel better. Now get lost!"
                      Of course there is always "Our phones don't bend! So get them out of pocket...fat asses!"
                      Oh and who could forget the phones with glass on both sides! So that when you drop from three inches both sides shattered and presented the user with shards of glass everywhere. Brilliant!
                      "Oh, you want a new battery because your sucks? No problem, pay us!" Genius!
                      SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

lmao. He's an idiot.

Comment

I dumped Verizon and switched to Project Fi. My cell phone bill's highest has been $36/mo and the lowest has been $27. I'm never going back to anything else ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rendar View Post
                            I dumped Verizon and switched to Project Fi. My cell phone bill's highest has been $36/mo and the lowest has been $27. I'm never going back to anything else ever again.
                            And I'm paying $37.50 each for 2 phones with unlimited talk and text and 2 gigs of data, with rollover we get 5.8 gigs. I can travel anywhere in the USA and the phone works 100%.

Post count uber alles!

Comment

Originally posted by Rendar View Post
                              I checked out the Project Fi, but it won't work for me, I'm a heavy data user, average of 5Gb of data/month. The bill would be the same or even higher than I pay with T-mobile.
                              SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Working...
                              X