Alternative to Optimum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
    Just call optimum and they will lower it. They do this to me every 2 years. I call and my bill goes down like $50.

If you're willing to switch providers, Verizon is better in every way.

I feel like optimum customer service is either super rude people who yell at you or russian guys who help you out lol.
    Didn't happen for me last week. No specials, no nothing. I dropped down one tier losing some channels. That's not any sort of break... that's reduced service.
    They suggested I buy my modem to save on the rental fee. Gee thanks Optimum.
    Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Didn't happen for me last week. No specials, no nothing. I dropped down one tier losing some channels. That's not any sort of break... that's reduced service.
      Oh wow, thats pretty scummy.

Did you talk to customer retention? When you call them, chose the option that you "want to cancel your service for other reasons than moving" and it transfers your direct to customer retention.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Call back and speak to retention services, they are the only ones that can give the promotions to existing customers. Or just call to cancel and they will transfer you there. I think it’s option 4

Guess I didnt refresh to see Vanguards response before I wrote mine, oops
        Last edited by BillyBonds; 04-30-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paté View Post
          I ditched TV a year ago and just use Optimum internet and pay $20 a month for Philo.
          This.

In the age of internet streaming, cut the cables, invest in high speed internet, pay for several internet-based streaming services that stream shows you actually watch, enjoy super high-speed internet for all your devices, less (or no) ads at all depending on the service, all at 50% or less than what you're currently paying for cable.

In this day and age, cable is two steps short of a scam. It will be totally obsolete in the not too distant future.
          It's all the same, we're all ashamed of our children who can't read between the lies of their textbooks
          This world must bear witness to a revolution every now and then
          We clutched our quills to scribe the bills of this great nation
          Now show me you can hold a fucking pen

Comment

Originally posted by viper720 View Post

This.

In the age of internet streaming, cut the cables, invest in high speed internet, pay for several internet-based streaming services that stream shows you actually watch, enjoy super high-speed internet for all your devices, less (or no) ads at all depending on the service, all at 50% or less than what you're currently paying for cable.

In this day and age, cable is two steps short of a scam. It will be totally obsolete in the not too distant future.
            Im comparing them as we speak. Even though Optimum lowered my bill, I'm going to test one of these on my main TV. Im just trying to find the best option that does not include networks or organizations that I do not support, like Disney, CNN, MSNBC, NBA/NFL/MLB, etc.......while having things I do like such as Fox, Paramount, Discovery, HGTV, DIY etc.

Comment

• viper720
              viper720 commented
              Editing a comment
              You're probably going to have a hard time excluding specific channels as streaming services are almost always package deals. LMK what you find though, because I'm curious too.
              I live on hulu/nextflix and just got purchased an HBO Max subscription for what I like.

This is my breakdown:
              $90/mo for cablevision high speed internet
              $140/mo for two cell lines unlimited data plan Tmobile, w/nextflix
              $10/mo for spotify premium w/ Hulu
              $ 15/mo for HBO max

Comes out to $255/mo for all the entertainment and communication services for two people across at least 10 devices.

Originally posted by doctorpc View Post
            does anyone use sling tv?
            We aren’t in NY, but we have the top tier internet service Comcast provides, which also includes basic cable. We have sling blue and orange, which covers everything we watch. We have three wireless Roku TVs in the House and one in the camper and it works well (we use the hot spot on our phones if camping). We also have prime, Netflix and hbo... and yet, there is nothing on tv. Thinking about it, I have to cut this shit back...
            Africa Part 2: May 2018

Comment

I just went through the retention two-step with optimum last month, when Verizon decided to kill their copper telco svc in my area. Since I already had cable in the house since 77', we decided to just add the optimum voice and got a new promo pkg, which is good for a year. Added telco, upgraded my speed, and dropped my original bill by $50. They actually told me to call them back the month before the promo ends next year, to grab another promo pkg for a seamless transition. But like stated previously, you must choose the disconnect prompt to get to the retention dept. Ymmv

Comment

Skylink👍🏻😉

Comment

Working...
                X