Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have a Motorola Moto Z or Turbo 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have a Motorola Moto Z or Turbo 2?

The GF and I are about to drop our iphones in favor of Androids. She literally drops her phone 10-20 times per day, and goes through a half a dozen screens per year. Seems only logical to buy a phone with a "guaranteed shatter proof screen", for her at least. But curious how the phones are aside from the screen?

If the phone is expensive my advice is to get an Otterbox. They are pricey but they do an awesome job of protecting the phone. I am very rough on my phones and the Otterbox has saved them numerous times from drops.

It is worth the investment.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Originally posted by Synner View Post
      If the phone is expensive my advice is to get an Otterbox. They are pricey but they do an awesome job of protecting the phone. I am very rough on my phones and the Otterbox has saved them numerous times from drops.

It is worth the investment.
      she has the otter box.....she would probably go through 20 screens a year without it.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post

she has the otter box.....she would probably go through 20 screens a year without it.
        And she is still cracking screens? Yikes!
        NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
        NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member

Comment

Get her a wrist band.

Comment

I've been using Otterbox for years best investment you can make, I have dropped my phone only once so I can speak for how well your GF will do with it.
            stay alive, carry a 45

Comment

My office provided me with a Turbo 2 to replace my Galaxy S4.
              The Turbo 2 is pretty damn stout. I've been using mine without a case.
              It has a 4 year screen replacement warranty from cracks. It is water resistant, not that I'd test it out.
              The battery life destroys my Note 4. Turbo 2 has a 7 day standby time and a 3 day use time. Downright amazed at the battery life.
              The camera is pretty damn amazing too.
              If you're used to androids, there are a few quirks to this phone when compared to Samsung phones, but nothing that's a deal breaker.
              I've bounced my phone only once so far and it's fine.
              I've had it for two weeks so far and like it.

Comment

Had a turbo for a year now and its bulletproof. I'm a phone dropper too. Not much carpet in my house. Never a scratch.
                The battery life is the best feature; I'll probably take this phone to the nursing home some day.
                Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Have you checked on Pelican cases for the phones?

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                    Had a turbo for a year now and its bulletproof. I'm a phone dropper too. Not much carpet in my house. Never a scratch.
                    The battery life is the best feature; I'll probably take this phone to the nursing home some day.
                    Good stuff. The GF needs 3 things in a phone, good battery life since she is on it constantly, good camera because she takes a lot of pictures of horses to market them to social media, and indestructible since she drops the thing a dozen times per day. Sounds like the new Moto Z Force is the phone for her. I will probably get the same one since she is not the most technically savvy person in the world, I can help her get used to the switch from Apple to Droid

Comment

The Turbo 2 was on my short list to replace my S5, but ultimately went with the S7 Edge because I'm used to and like Samsung's phones. The turbo 2 is a nice phone, though.

Comment

Take away her phone and get her a motorolla construction grade flip phone LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X