Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I plugged the charger into my phone last night and shortly after smelled burning insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone who is still using these older phones be aware if you aren't already that all the major cellular carriers are going to be shutting down 3g this year. My brother is among you he's had the same LG phone for 10 years. He's been getting messages from Verizon telling him he has to replace his phone or be shut down I believe by December. However I thought at&t planned the shutdown earlier.
    A politician is the lowest form of life on earth.
    A liberal democrat is the lowest form of politician. Gen George S Patton jr

Comment

• Postal Bob
      Postal Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      The S5 is 4G, so good for now.

• sickofny
      sickofny commented
      Editing a comment
      Not all of them were. The early version is 3G only

Best reason for not getting a newer, modern cellphone: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/07/sams...y-devices.html Samsung says hackers breached company data and source code for Galaxy smartphones
    Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
    Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

Here is the problem with your 4G only phone. How many times signal weakened and your phone switched to 3G and kept working. So many you'd never know about it. Now when you have that situation your call drops. It's going to work like a cell phone from the early 90's basically sucky.
      A politician is the lowest form of life on earth.
      A liberal democrat is the lowest form of politician. Gen George S Patton jr

Comment

• bigbore44
        bigbore44 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^^^^^^^^BINGO!

• Postal Bob
        Postal Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        At least that crazy woman in the phone(Siri), won't be watching every move I make.

Originally posted by Airbrush art View Post
      I have a phone charger you just lay the phone on it and it charges, have a Samsung phone that the back melted all the glue on the back panel, learned my lesson never leave anything to charge without watching. It could have left me with a room fire, now I only charge anything on a metal cooking tray so air can be all around the item being charged.
      Are you saying your inductive charger caused your phone to melt? That's all I use and I never heard of that.

Plunging the phone in once in a while shouldn't be a problem but the connector gets wear and tear over many years. Much better to use a Qi charger on a day to day basis.
      Give a man fire, and he stays warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he stays warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

• Shotgun
        Shotgun commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a Qi charger melt while my phone was on it.. Put a nice burn mark on my bedside table. I was lucky it didn't go up

• Airbrush art
        Airbrush art commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, but the trure fault is the fact that it is a samsung S8 was on my second battery, I think it is samsung that is the problem and not the inductive charger, it works fine with my new Motorola phone.

• BLAMMO!!
        BLAMMO!! commented
        Editing a comment
        Was the 2nd battery true OEM? Aftermarket batteries are always suspect. When it comes to replacing batteries cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc., it's almost impossible to find the exact OEM battery, even from the OEM. They just don't stock or sell them.
    Working...
    X