X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one else having a issue with cable vision internet

like title says
    can not get to my email and / or log on
    and they raised the bill 40.00 a month , in little letters on page two tomorrow

I don't use their email, but access was otherwise normal today in Wantagh.

Comment

Their email service sucks almost as much as their customer service 🤬

As for the internet itself, I bought my own modem and router and it works pretty good (average 850mbs with the 1k service)
      NRA Pistol Instructor
      Life Member:
      Gun Owners of America, American Suppressor Association,
      National Rifle Association, Second Amendment Foundation

Comment

Are you trying on home computer, or phone/tablet? I know in the past, my outdated cellphone wouldn't access their website email. Every time they update their software, older devices/software doesn't work as well.
        If all software current, try deleting all cookies from Optimum and Optonline. Sometimes they keep corrupted info, preventing you from accessing the log on.
        Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
        Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

finally got in touch with there customer service , the first two sucked , now i got some one who appears to be trying to help

Comment

Cablevision sucks.

Comment

seems all the emails associated with mine have been deleted , and may not be recovered or up to three days, i asked are cablevision going to compensate me for lack of service -- you can guess the answer

Comment

Try logging onto your email from a different browser.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Hate to say it, but maybe your email account was hacked. Happened to me once several years ago. First, they hack your email account. Then using your email address, they try logging onto your Amazon account, using the link saying you forgot your password. Amazon sends a link to your email, to reset your password. Because they already hacked your email account, they intercept the email, and reset your Amazon password. Then, if you keep credit cards on file with Amazon, they start buying up whatever they can with your cc, and send the stuff somewhere else. That's what happened once with me, but luckily I have no credit cards on file with Amazon. Amazon traced the hack to somewhere in China. I then had Amazon and Optimum change my passwords.
                  Evil beware, Postal Bob is here!
                  Certified NROI RSO

Member Freeport R&R

Comment

i got on , but the rest of us did not yet , they say there recovering the accounts, no one else had access to the .. who knows

Comment

There was a rash of hacked accounts a while back and they all got locked according to some folks I know that still work there. So possibly your account was used to send a bunch of spam, got reported, got locked, and they didn’t notify you. Pretty typical behavior for the company these days.

Comment

Fablevision/Minimum is absolute junk. We switched away from them to Verizon years ago because the internet/phone/TV service would routinely go down for hours at a time. More than once I tried to call, got a recording about the network being down for "planned maintenance," and then got hung up on - what kind of ISP takes their entire network down for maintenance? None of them. It's the crappiest excuse imaginable.

Plus, their internet service is much slower than Verizon for the same money, and their TV only comes in at 1080i (looks more like 720p) instead of full 1080p.

Go to FiOS and never look back.

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
                          M-14BULLETTS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i might just do that soon ,

I just got the $40 bump . What Friggin nerve. That's like a 25% hike. I'm paying over $300 a month for basic cable, phone and slow internet plus hbo max. I'm in the process of researching streaming services. I can cut it in half and get more. The land line is useless. Its all telemarketers. That's going bye bye

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
                          M-14BULLETTS commented
                          Editing a comment
                          let me know what and who you find out , i am going to look into verison internet and streaming also

• LIBIGLOU
                          LIBIGLOU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Its down between youtube tv and direct stream from att. My kids are sports freaks so getting msg and yes is a requirement. The whole thing is a pain in the ass, but I'm looking at saving almost $150 a month with either one and getting more channels

Originally posted by LIBIGLOU View Post
                        I just got the $40 bump . What Friggin nerve. That's like a 25% hike. I'm paying over $300 a month for basic cable, phone and slow internet plus hbo max. I'm in the process of researching streaming services. I can cut it in half and get more. The land line is useless. Its all telemarketers. That's going bye bye
                        I’m keeping an eye on this too. I need to cut the cord.

Comment

Cable sucks. butt veizon is worse.

Comment

• M-14BULLETTS
                            M-14BULLETTS commented
                            Editing a comment
                            thanks for ruining it before i even talk to them , what did they do worse
                        Working...
                        X