Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get glass cut down for a DIY table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get glass cut down for a DIY table?

I have a hatchway frame from a shipwreck that I'd like to make into a coffee table.
    The frame is bronze.

I have a piece of glass from an old table. 3/8 inch glass which is oval and much longer than I need or would like.

The hatch frame is 28 inches wide by 40 inches long.
    The glass I have is 38 inches by 68
    I'd like it like cut to the same pattern as the frame about 32onches by 44 inches for a little overhang.
    Is there a glaser that would cut it for me?
    Or do they only cut what they sell?

Any one have any recommendations?
    I'm in islip
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://kpautoglass.com
    I've used them a few times when broke some tabletop glasses

Comment

I,d recommend a friend of mine for 25 years ,but he turned in a real ass hole . If you have the slightest bit of tales you can do it your self.

Make your first line score it with a glass cutter,soaked in kero .then tap underneath with a rubber mallet ,from on side to the next. Then it will just drop off .
      Do the other sides the same way, get wet sand paper and a sander and do the edges so not sharp. Go a head not hard.if I can do so can you.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyblueyes View Post
        I,d recommend a friend of mine for 25 years ,but he turned in a real ass hole . If you have the slightest bit of tales you can do it your self.

Make your first line score it with a glass cutter,soaked in kero .then tap underneath with a rubber mallet ,from on side to the next. Then it will just drop off .
        Do the other sides the same way, get wet sand paper and a sander and do the edges so not sharp. Go a head not hard.if I can do so can you.

I've cut glass many years ago but thin window pane stuff for fixing old windows.
        This is beyond my experience level.
        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I used these guys once some years ago.
          They did a good job for me and seemed like the kind of place that can cut your glass.
          Probably worth a call.

http://www.ginosglass.com/

Comment

http://www.dialaglassandscreen.com/
            Mom and Pop shop in East Northport I highly recommend them

Comment

Foxfire on the forums own glass store(Fox Glass) send him a PM nice guy

Comment

Did you get this while scuba diving? Pics?

Comment

• Aquabach
                  Aquabach commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes. I'll post them eventually.
              Working...
              X