gnat swarm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gnat swarm

Come home tonight, and there are literally millions of Gnats swarming around my back yard, deck, my entire house. Thousands of dead gnats in my pool. So bad, I couldn't stay outside. Never had this happen before. Anyone control this without nasty chemicals ?

Originally posted by The Blur View Post
    Come home tonight, and there are literally millions of Gnats swarming around my back yard, deck, my entire house. Thousands of dead gnats in my pool. So bad, I couldn't stay outside. Never had this happen before. Anyone control this without nasty chemicals ?
    Define nasty
    Permetrin controls it well and it's a pretty safe chemical for mammals once dry.
    can be toxic to fish, and wet is a danger to cats and birds but after an hour it is dry and pretty safe for humans
    its sprayed on dairy cows and cattle as well.
    we put it on our clothes for protection in the woods and we use similiar stuff on our dogs

Comment

They'll be gone tomorrow.
      I don't need a gun.
      I have never needed a gun.
      I hope I never need a gun and in all likelihood, I will never need a gun.
      However, if I ever need a gun, I had better have a gun.
      Therefore, I have a gun.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

I get them in my yard every evening just as the sun sets.... like you said, gotta run inside. Not sure if we're seeing them this year, though, haven't been out working in the yard in the evenings lately.

Comment

Get the fire pit going and throw on a bunch of sage.

Comment

Electronic fly swatter. Kill the knats and work on your serve.

Comment

Had the swarm Monday night in my backyard, never seen anything like it before.

Comment

Its miserable when they fly in to your eyes and get stuck there, trying to get them out really irritates your eye ball. Then you get bit in the ankles by mosquitoes.......then while cursing that and looking for something to stop the itching you walk into a giant spider web face first. You scream ant twist and get a splinter in your foot from your deck.

If I had a dog it would have likely bit me. Al this while trying to relax and then getting hit in the head by falling acorns which are falling prematurely this year and bouncing off ones head.. yup.

Comment

This morning.... they were all gone. The bats must of ate good last night. Just need to skim the pool...

Comment

Working...
                  X