Need to get 2400 lb WW II anchor off a trailer in East Islip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to get 2400 lb WW II anchor off a trailer in East Islip

And now for something a little bit different.

I had the chance to get a WW II anchor off a destroyer that was lost off of Rhode Island. The anchor was lost. Not the ship.
    An old UDT diver got it 40 years ago and now it is mine. It weighs 2400 lbs.
    It's coming Tuesday.
    I need to borrow a 2 ton engine hoist or get someone with a bobcat or backhoe to take it off the trailer.

I'm in East Islip. Anyone have an engine hoist big enough and near me that I can borrow?
    Doesn't hurt to ask

I'm jealous. If you get stuck, just drop it on my lawn.

Comment

can you run a cable around a tree and the chains, then pull the trailer out?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
        I'm jealous. If you get stuck, just drop it on my lawn.
        That's the problem. If I can dump it on the lawn for now , no problem.
        I figure it will make it easier to tell people which house is mine. I'll be the only kid on the block with one I'm sureLOL.
        I have two older anchors from the 1800s that I got off of wrecks but they are only a 300 and 400 pounds. This one someone else got but is still cool.

Originally posted by 100MPG View Post
        can you run a cable around a tree and the chains, then pull the trailer out?
        I thought of that. But without raising the anchor I'd damage the trailer which is not mine.

Comment

This is all I Got!

Comment

Originally posted by Karpteach View Post
            This is all I Got!
            You want to bomb my anchor? That might scratch it!

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
              That's the problem. If I can dump it on the lawn for now , no problem.
              I figure it will make it easier to tell people which house is mine. I'll be the only kid on the block with one I'm sureLOL.
              I have two older anchors from the 1800s that I got off of wrecks but they are only a 300 and 400 pounds. This one someone else got but is still cool.

I thought of that. But without raising the anchor I'd damage the trailer which is not mine.
              2400lb anchor? I've got 3 lift bags clipped to an old BC, maybe I'll go out and get me one too ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comment

allow me calculate , 1 " day laborer " can lift ..............................

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
                  allow me calculate , 1 " day laborer " can lift ..............................
                  You see this is why I knew posting this thread would be fruitful. Whether I get a way of lifting it or not is almost irrelevant. We're having some good laughs. Still can't believe Karp's wants to bomb it. SMH

Comment

A&J Crane or you can find where Destro is hiding

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

You want to bomb my anchor? That might scratch it!
                      I doubt it. The only bombing I do is in the head!!

Comment

Destro still MIA?
                        Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Can you have the guy load it on plywood before he puts it on the trailer? That way if you pull it off itโ€™s not going to damage the trailer.
                          III%

Comment

What time Tuesday? How far from the trailer does it need to go?

Comment

I recently discovered a 7' double fluke anchor in 20 feet in the Long Island Sound. I was thinking of recovering it but don't want it on my lawn and don't want to sell it. If you want I can hook you up -- a few lift bags should get it up (maybe 1200 pounds) and then tow it to shore.
                              Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Working...
                              X