X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anybody Build Retaining Walls?

I gotta get this done.

DSC00864.JPG

Where at? Do you want railroad ties or a block wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Nthill93 View Post
      Where at? Do you want railroad ties or a block wall?
      In Centerport. Versalock.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but I have been contemplating making a sort of natural retaining wall out of large rocks and boulders. If anyone knows where I would even begin aquiring the stone and boulders, either free of for a fee, please let me know. Once I have them, I have the ability move stones up to about 1500 lbs with my tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post
          Not to hijack the thread, but I have been contemplating making a sort of natural retaining wall out of large rocks and boulders. If anyone knows where I would even begin aquiring the stone and boulders, either free of for a fee, please let me know. Once I have them, I have the ability move stones up to about 1500 lbs with my tractor.
          free boulders ain't gonna happen. Free concrete maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

free boulders ain't gonna happen. Free concrete maybe.
            I dont mind paying as long as its reasonable....is it reasonable?

Comment

I'll trade you some NH boulders for some LI sand.

Somehow all our sand ended up down here. Something about terminal morain.
              Last edited by spider; 11-13-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

It's what the market says it is.
                I don't know really but I do know that people have to pay for them.
                My friend wanted some several years ago and they weren't cheap as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

I'll trade you some NH boulders for some LI sand.

Somehow all our sand ended up down here. Something about terminal morain.

Yeah an ice age and a glacier will do that sometimes. Take a trip across the harbor to Harbor Ridge and Harbor Court, the last houses on the bottom as well as one on the court had wall work done by the same contractor, I believe. If you are a VF go to the main house and talk to Lenny L as his was one of the houses.

Comment

Believe they charge by the ton, far from cheap, and think your tractor we'll be way maxed out on anything of decent size. Google bedrock materials I think in kings park. There's a few places there that specialize in boulders, but get ready to pick your jaw up off the floor.

spider have you thought about using mafia blocks then just do a stone facade that you can do yourself? Not certain of the engineering required to use them for your application, but probably be the cheapest way.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

Believe they charge by the ton, far from cheap, and think your tractor we'll be way maxed out on anything of decent size. Google bedrock materials I think in kings park. There's a few places there that specialize in boulders, but get ready to pick your jaw up off the floor.

spider have you thought about using mafia blocks then just do a stone facade that you can do yourself? Not certain of the engineering required to use them for your application, but probably be the cheapest way.
                      Agreed a tractor is not up to the task. The last one we did we used a excavator so the bucket can move it into place. Hold on when they tell you the price.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel1 View Post

I can't get them in there. The logistics are too complicated. I'd have to crane them over the house, take down power lines and trees and the wife would stroke out.

Comment

I guess my first question is how was it done originally ?

Comment

Vaminos is all you need to say, we're gonna move eventually
                            Pull the suckers off of one row, then turn around and do it again -
                            WNM

Comment

Sorry, don't do them anymore
                              Take a young person shooting.... Take 2 or more if you can...

Comment

Working...
                              X