Does Anybody Build Retaining Walls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post
    I guess my first question is how was it done originally ?
    PT Railroad ties, full crib, they built it 6 feet off the back of the house so there's no back yard. And it rotted out. We are going to replace it and add 500 square foot terrace. We have to shrink it in from the property lines to avoid a variance. I have the permit.

Maybe Destro needs some workout time. We have to move about 20 tons of material around back.

Comment

wow... that's not gonna be a fun job.... you do realize there's deadmen in there that probably are set right by the foundation of the house right? It looks like the space from the wall to the house is less than 10 feet?

Comment

Originally posted by Parashooter View Post
        wow... that's not gonna be a fun job.... you do realize there's deadmen in there that probably are set right by the foundation of the house right? It looks like the space from the wall to the house is less than 10 feet?
        6' to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

PT Railroad ties, full crib, they built it 6 feet off the back of the house so there's no back yard. And it rotted out. We are going to replace it and add 500 square foot terrace. We have to shrink it in from the property lines to avoid a variance. I have the permit.

Maybe Destro needs some workout time. We have to move about 20 tons of material around back.
          I suppose I meant the logistics of the job. Just do what the other guy did in reverse.

Comment

Working...
          X