Oil boiler leaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil boiler leaking

My oil burner is leaking out of what I believe is a blow off valve for safety. I've read it could be a couple of things including a full expansion tank or feeder valve. I've included a pic of my pressure which is over 30 psi if that helps, and a pic of the valve it's leaking from.
    any ideas?
    thanks guys

Had this issue with mine, ended up being the tankless heater coil

Comment

Originally posted by louiethe23rd View Post
      Had this issue with mine, ended up being the tankless heater coil
      I read that also, and a way to check is to shut off the burner and let the temp and air pressure go down, if it rises again with the water off its the fill valve, if it doesn't it's probably the coil. I just shut it down and will try this out.
      Is it difficult to change the coil? I'm hoping it's something simpler
      thanks for the reply

Comment

Town ?

Comment

Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
          Town ?
          Why?

Comment

🤦

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCountry View Post

Why?
              You want help from the best you tell the man where you're located.
              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Tap your expansion tank around the exterior up and down, does it sound like its full and filled with water?

Comment

Originally posted by SirMixAlot View Post
                  Tap your expansion tank around the exterior up and down, does it sound like its full and filled with water?
                  It doesnt, sounds empty. Doesn't have a heavy feel either since it's mounted horizontal and has a little bounce to it. I still need to check the pressure though, maybe it lost air?
                  thank you for the useful reply

Comment

Why?
                    Because if you are close to him, he will help you out in person, like the 100's before you, who also asked for help, and got it.

Comment

It doesnt, sounds empty. Doesn't have a heavy feel either since it's mounted horizontal and has a little bounce to it. I still need to check the pressure though, maybe it lost air?
                      thank you for the useful reply
                      If it sounds empty, then it’s probably not it. Turn on a zone or otherwise force the furnace to turn on and heat water. It should fill up a little bit, but not completely fill up with water. The bladder side of the expansion tank has a Schrader type valve, but I would not mess with it unless you are 100% sure there’s a problem with the bladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

Fun fact, FastPhil once apologized to me that he was on vacation and couldn't come and crawl around dirt floored crawlspaces to fix 8 or 9 broken heating pipes at 10 pm on some cold horrible friday night.

Seriously the man is the goods.
                        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Phil needs a bat signal.

Edit:
                          Or maybe we all need a phil signal.
                          A sunny day
                          A shotgun and a Chevrolet
                          Wouldn't you like that?

Comment

I read that also, and a way to check is to shut off the burner and let the temp and air pressure go down, if it rises again with the water off its the fill valve, if it doesn't it's probably the coil. I just shut it down and will try this out.
                            Is it difficult to change the coil? I'm hoping it's something simpler
                            thanks for the reply
                            If you happen to be lucky then its a matter of undoing the bolts and cutting the two copper lines to get the old unit out and simply sliding the new one in and reconnecting. Or you could be really lucky like me and have all but one of the bolts shear off so you spend the day drilling and tapping the burner
                            Last edited by louiethe23rd; 06-23-2018, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnslayer View Post

^^^THIS!

You’re being offered the probability of having your problem solved by someone who knows his business and you seem to be ignoring him.

So to quote you..........WHY?

"Any man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. More than that no man is entitled, and less than that no man shall have."
                              President T. Roosevelt
                              OUR FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW !

Comment

Working...
                              X