I have a building supply/ constuction question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a building supply/ constuction question

I have a building supply/ constuction question who can I contact at VOLKO supply?

Good morning! Just had the chance to process your PM.

Not really an expert in that field, but I sent over my thoughts on it.

You can always gove a call. 516 741 4466 Also what town are you in? I may be able to recommend a tile shop who could lend an ear.

-Vick
    High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

I am in Coram NY hank you very much

Comment

Top secret roofing stuff?

Comment

floor issue

Comment

Originally posted by doctorpc View Post
            floor issue
            So something a roofer can handle standing on his head.

Comment

I recently had a new kitchen put in and the contractor seemed to do a great job He gutted the kitchen ripped up the old floor and sub floor put down a new sub floor then put down cement board screwed and seamed all nice and tight then he put down a tile floor everything looked great but we keep loosing the grout there is enough bounce in the floor to have the grout pop out only in certain areas the longest span is 12 foot and the floor structure is 2x8 16 inch on center the area of problem is the longest span area the tile seems unaffected only the grout and he has redone the entire area 2x I have access to the floor from underneath (finished basement hung ceiling) what is the best way to reduce the bounce in the floor? we had considered sistering the beams there however there are pipes and wires gong through them. Any help would be appreciated

Comment

is there any bridging in the bays? if not add some it will help displace the bounce and stiffen the floor
                Originally posted by Mad Russian;n47464
                BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
                The AR.....wins...????
                Oh God!
                I can't believe I said that!!!
                I'm gonna puke!!!
                BUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Comment

Unfortunately your tile guy used cement board and nota mud base. If the cement board is not set in thin set and screwed down it doesn't do much to stiffen the sub floor for the tile. The best fix is tear up the floor and put down a mud base and re-tile. That might not be the best solution for you. Sistering the floor beams will help but it is a big job. Is the basement finished? If not you can install a header to split the span of the floor beams. If it were me I would get the tile guy back to tear up the floor and do it right.

Comment

it s set in thin set and screwed down

Comment

Mud is the answer, although it's a little late now.
                      NRA Life member

Comment

Or you can do if cheaply by install lolly columns in the basement under the affected areas. Available at Volko Supply. They are not permanent if you do choose to mud the floor later. However I believe the floor needs to be stiffer ,mud or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety42 View Post
                          Unfortunately your tile guy used cement board and nota mud base. If the cement board is not set in thin set and screwed down it doesn't do much to stiffen the sub floor for the tile. The best fix is tear up the floor and put down a mud base and re-tile. That might not be the best solution for you. Sistering the floor beams will help but it is a big job. Is the basement finished? If not you can install a header to split the span of the floor beams. If it were me I would get the tile guy back to tear up the floor and do it right.
                          I agree, I would have whoever did the work come back and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety42 View Post
                            the basement is finished but suspended ceilings the max span of this area is 12 feet 2x8 what about extra blocking or the metal X stiffeners?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorpc View Post

the basement is finished but suspended ceilings the max span of this area is 12 feet 2x8 what about extra blocking or the metal X stiffeners?
                              Certainly worth a try. It may be your best non-invasive bet short of redoing the tile. Also, the bigger the tiles usually the bigger the grout width. If you have large tiles they may come loose in the near future like mine did.
                              Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Working...
                              X