Milwaukee m18 still fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milwaukee m18 still fix

Wondering if anyone knows any tricks to fixing Milwaukee tools.

Got a 1/2” hammer drill m18 that doesn’t work. Tried a bunch of batteries and nothing happens at all the led light doesn’t go on the motor doesn’t spin nada. Haven’t used it much at all surprised it died this fast.

Unusual for a Milwaukee to crap out like that. A friend has most of the M18 line, and it never fails.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbore44 View Post
      Unusual for a Milwaukee to crap out like that. A friend has most of the M18 line, and it never fails.
      Truthfully not that happy with them. Maybe I should have bought the fuel lineup but it seems like the batteries don’t last long at all. Tried the 3ah and 5ah. My angle grinder smells like burning electrics every time I use it. Waiting for that to crap out next.

Comment

Impact driver or hammer drill?

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
          Impact driver or hammer drill?
          Hammer drill. Haven’t had any issues with the 1/4” driver

Comment

Have two M18 both have been flawless. Use them all day long at least 5 days a week. maybe you got a bad one.

Comment

Where is Terry P

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post
                Where is Terry P
                Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBrianDDS View Post
                  Where is Terry P
                  East Coast Tool Repair. He repaired several of my older Milwaukee drills

Comment

Originally posted by Nthill93 View Post
                    Wondering if anyone knows any tricks to fixing Milwaukee tools.

Got a 1/2” hammer drill m18 that doesn’t work. Tried a bunch of batteries and nothing happens at all the led light doesn’t go on the motor doesn’t spin nada. Haven’t used it much at all surprised it died this fast.
                    Which model do you have (Cat # listed on tag)?
                    Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post

Which model do you have (Cat # listed on tag)?
                      2607-20

Comment

Originally posted by Nthill93 View Post

2607-20
                        That model is actually one of their more heavy duty designs. And since it's not the brushless type, may be an easy repair (once inside the tool)
                        If the light came on and it just didn't run then I'd suspect a overheating problem that may have caused damage to the brush card....But since the light is not going on either, I'd suspect a damaged connection or component inside.
                        But disassembly and troubleshooting may be a bit tricky . If you want, send it to me & I'd be happy to check it out, no charge. (I'm also an authorized Milwaukee warranty service center)
                        Shoot me a pm and I'll give you the address,

Comment

Dewalt 20v max ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Dank27 View Post
                            Dewalt 20v max ftw
                            I fix a lot of broken DeWalts too...
                            (also a authorized service/ warranty center for them)

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post

That model is actually one of their more heavy duty designs. And since it's not the brushless type, may be an easy repair (once inside the tool)
                              If the light came on and it just didn't run then I'd suspect a overheating problem that may have caused damage to the brush card....But since the light is not going on either, I'd suspect a damaged connection or component inside.
                              But disassembly and troubleshooting may be a bit tricky . If you want, send it to me & I'd be happy to check it out, no charge. (I'm also an authorized Milwaukee warranty service center)
                              Shoot me a pm and I'll give you the address,
                              It’s actually boxed up and on it’s way back to Milwaukee. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

Working...
                              X