Anyone have a cedar mulch hook-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a cedar mulch hook-up

Looking to get about 8 yds of cedar mulch for my daughters swing set area. Need delivery Saturday AM. Some places have a playground mulch which is supposed to be only hardwoods mulched into whatever size chunks. I was thinking of using cedar mulch instead figuring it won't attract more termites and other insects, neighborhood cats, etc. Got a bit of sticker shock when I started getting prices of $50 yd for cedar.

Yes I know about the rubber mulch and I won't put that shit where my kid plays. The area it is in used to be my garden and perhaps will one day get turned back into it....so would prefer mulch that won't destroy the soil too much. Figured cedar would be the best bet, but if there are better options, by all means recommend away.

P.S. Mulch moving party for LIGC members this Saturday. Free Advil provided.

Huntington/Melville area
    Last edited by Diesel1; 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM.

Don't put any mulch down. It just makes a mess and you'll be replacing it over and over again. Deal with the couple of bare spots under the swings and at the bottom of the slide. Your lawn will still look good.
    Last edited by ChiefSailer; 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM.
    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Unfortunately, already built the frame. Plus, all the other kids in neighborhood play on it too, so I'd like to make it as safe as possible. Just gotta cut back the weedblock and fix the gaps.

My Craigslist deal of $200 for a swingset will now be costing me about a grand all in. Still better than buying the swingset for $2,800 from Creative Playthings!

20190407_174347.jpg
      Last edited by Diesel1; 04-10-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I carpeted mine, no fuss, no muss. Pressure wash it every other year. Got outdoor carpet from home depot.

Comment

if you have a truck ,home depot lowes have 5 bags for 10.00 need quiet a few but doable , and get black so it does not fade or mold

Comment

Originally posted by M-14BULLETTS View Post
            if you have a truck ,home depot lowes have 5 bags for 10.00 need quiet a few but doable , and get black so it does not fade or mold
            They use pigments for the deeply colored mulches, makes it a bigger mess on hands and clothes

Comment

Originally posted by Turfman81 View Post

They use pigments for the deeply colored mulches, makes it a bigger mess on hands and clothes
              yup , wear gloves , i have put that stuff around the front of my house looks good so far

Comment

I didn't know until I started looking into it, but the dyed mulches are often shredded pallets and junk woodthat could have a number if chemicals. Anytime I have used the black, which looks awesome, I have gotten mold and some other weird stuff that looked like a mushroom but blew away like dust if you touched it.
                The playground mulch is actual hardwood that has been chopped in chunks.
                Im not paranoid about the juds eating and playing with the mulch, but if I know one is good and one has chemicals... I'll keto the chemicals away from my daughter for as long as possible.

Comment

What about pea gravel? It will dissipate impact in the case of a fall and you won’t have to worry about chemicals or it ever breaking down.

Comment

Thought about pea gravel but going to suck to move now snd when she's done with the swingset.

Comment

Working...
                    X