Scotts Turfbuilder Triple Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotts Turfbuilder Triple Action

The yellow shit is starting to fall off those bushes(turns out I have a bunch of them on my property, just never knew the name), so I guess its time to treat for crabgrass.....which somehow had some survivors over the winter because I have some live ones already growing. I was in Lowes and saw this triple action stuff. I've got plenty of weeds and clover to get rid of, besides needing to get control of my crabgrass. Is this stuff legit? Am I better off with a professional grade product for Delea or other supply place?(I think there is a place on Vets in Bohemia)

Im not a fan of Scott's anything but I think turfman can lend his expertise. Im huge fab off Delea in east northport for chemicals. They will not steer you wrong. Tell them exactly what you got grass and problems wise, they will tell you what you need without selling you anything you won't need. I know it's a drive for ya, but given the amount you probably have to buy, well worth it.

Comment

I use Preen with Dimension for crabgrass. And I'm waiting about another month. Soil is still way too cold for crabgrass. The grass seed I put down last week still hasn't popped yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KWYG3G4/

BTW, the "yellow shit" is forsythia.
      Last edited by BLAMMO!!; 04-24-2019, 08:27 AM.
      No one ever wished they didn't have a gun.

Regards,
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post
        I use Preen with Dimension for crabgrass. And I'm waiting about another month. Soil is still way too cold for crabgrass. The grass seed I put down last week still hasn't popped yet.

I put down grass 2 or 3 weeks ago and it's starting to come up now that we finally got some warm temps and sun.
        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

I used the new Triple Action stuff 2 weeks ago. The lawn is nice and green hopefully it keeps the shitty stuff away. I may use the Lesco for my second round

Comment

Originally posted by BLAMMO!! View Post

BTW, the "yellow shit" is forsythia.
            Funny I never knew the name, but I used to have a complete privacy hedge of forsythia in front of my house. The same landscaper who assfucked my back yard also raped my hedge. He was given specific instructions to only clean up around the perimeter, and under no circumstances did I want to be able to see the street. Then I cam home from work to find the front area almost completely bare, and forsythia pruned so badly and close to the main trunk of branches that they still haven't recovered 2 years later.

Comment

zoysia. 'nuff said lol.
              As for the illegal aliens who rape your yards, do you guys all work that many extra hours that you can't get it done yourself ? Save your money and take pride in diy . I am still using a mower that I had in 1986. I admit that I now pay electricians and plumbers, just too tough on my old joints now but gardening ? Besides my full time job I was in the reserves for 28 years. No alleged landscaper has ever set foot here and when I can't rake or mow or weed or shovel snow I am selling and getting a condo if they will allow kayaks and guns. Rant over, lol.
              Last edited by pequa1; 04-24-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

im a big scotts fan.. i know i pay a premium for the name but don't really care. I used triple action a couple weeks back and will follow up with the blue bag mid May. I think you are safe with the same plan or you could go yellow bag then blue bag. Either option should work well.
                "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
                  im a big scotts fan.. i know i pay a premium for the name but don't really care. I used triple action a couple weeks back and will follow up with the blue bag mid May. I think you are safe with the same plan or you could go yellow bag then blue bag. Either option should work well.
                  The area where the pool was is nothing but clover and crab grass, so the idea of dealing with both at the same time was appealing, assuming it does the job

Comment

I put the Scotts crabgrass prevent stuff this past Friday. With all the rain we got Saturday and Monday and the warm weather now I am hoping for a green lawn soon.
                    Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonds View Post

The area where the pool was is nothing but clover and crab grass, so the idea of dealing with both at the same time was appealing, assuming it does the job
                      i think the yellow bag has stronger herbicides in it than the triple action. Might want to double check me but if you have heavy crabgrass already that might be the better option.
                      "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
                        zoysia. 'nuff said lol.
                        As for the illegal aliens who rape your yards, do you guys all work that many extra hours that you can't get it done yourself ? Save your money and take pride in diy . I am still using a mower that I had in 1986. I admit that I now pay electricians and plumbers, just too tough on my old joints now but gardening ? Besides my full time job I was in the reserves for 28 years. No alleged landscaper has ever set foot here and when I can't rake or mow or weed or shovel snow I am selling and getting a condo if they will allow kayaks and guns. Rant over, lol.
                        This is the first year that I decided to fire the landscaper and do it myself. Partly because I was sick of the cost and partly because my allergies have been better and I will just deal with it. I did hire a company to just handle fertilizer, weed prevention, seeding and aerating in the fall. Their cost was very reasonable for my yard, total size about 1/4 acre including the house and garage, 6 treatments of about $60 and a little more to aerate in the fall. I bought all 80v Kobalt lawn equipment, mower, blower, weed wacker, and hedge trimmer. So far I am really impressed with them. I think I may need to buy a backpack blower for the fall, I have 5 very large trees in my back yard, but we will see how the mower does with mulching the leaves and bagging them.
                        Ben

Comment

Forsythia's bloom when soil temps rise to appox. 52 degrees and that is the signal for pre emergent crabgrass controls if that is your priority however if broadleaf weeds are your main concern you are better off waiting till it warms up even further like Memorial day week to apply a dedicated weed control or a combination weed N feed product. (anything that is geared to working on both crabgrass and broadleaf weeds is a compromise for both so decide what your needs are and plan your attack accordingly.........
                          Last edited by green18; 04-24-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Scott’s will get the job done. Most of their products are High in N and quick release and only last maybe 4 weeks. Too many peeks and valleys in the release curve IMO. I’m slightly biased cause of my golf course background. If you have a ton a weeds and want crab prevention as well I’d go with this product https://www.scotts.com/en-us/product...weed-preventer. We use this anytime we do seedings/ lawn renovations in the spring. Do an app now and 2nd app a month later. Things will turn white, don’t freak out, means it’s working.

EDIT: forgot to mention, don’t use above product if you have a lot of bentgrass in your lawn, it will take it out
                            Last edited by Turfman81; 04-24-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
                              zoysia. 'nuff said lol.
                              Children.
                              ​​​​
                              Pl​​​​us landscaping is so cheap (even from legals) that I'd rather use my time to work more, do other projects, shoot, or try to relax.

Comment

Working...
                              X