TOB inground pool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOB inground pool

Does Town Of Brookhaven allow pools in a side yard? What if my side yard also extends beyond the front foundation of my house and some of it is actually front yard, will they allow a pool in that area? It is all fenced in and private with arborvitae trees. I’m sure there are variances involved but wasn’t sure if possible even with them.
    thanks

I don’t know about Brookhaven but a friend in Smithtown had a huge roundish pie sort of lot that was on a curve in a development. They approved it but they spent some money and anyone anywhere’s near them had to sign off.

Comment

Yeah it will be the usual hearing for a variance. What did the pool companies say?

Comment

Oh yeah town of brookhaven sucks....they drive me nuts every time I deal with them

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Shopping pool companies is my next step, I just wanted to get an idea first if it was possible.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCountry View Post
            Thanks for the replies. Shopping pool companies is my next step, I just wanted to get an idea first if it was possible.
            The pool companies will have better idea from what the town has allowed in the past. I know the people across from me had one put on a side yard....they are on a flag lot that was subdivided from 3 acres 1 house= 3 houses about an acre each

Comment

If you need a name of very good pool company PM me.

Comment

NorthForkSportsman please pm me also.

my wife wants a pool also but will probably go with a semi in ground. I’m in Nassau.

Comment

Freedom_Lost.jpg
                  I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                  I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by LiDad View Post
                    Truth! I’m more of a do what I want and deal with it later with the town kind of guy

Comment

Every neighborhood has a cheese-eating rat with a town hall hotline in it. Ymmv.

Comment

I had a Dunrite pool. They were great and many people who used them were happy.

But that was many years ago.

Comment

It has been my experience with the town of Brookhaven that anything forward of the two front corners of your main building is the front yard everything rearward of that line is the rear yard. Be careful because if you're on a corner you are considered to have two front yards in which the rear corner closest to the street is also considered the front yard. Again draw a line from the rear corner to the front corner and that is considered also your front yard. No pools can be constructed in front yard, your not even allowed a 6 foot fence anywhere in "front yard"

Comment

Straight from the mouth of the tax collector of Brookhaven town it's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Comment

Originally posted by Autoinfo07 View Post
                              It has been my experience with the town of Brookhaven that anything forward of the two front corners of your main building is the front yard everything rearward of that line is the rear yard. Be careful because if you're on a corner you are considered to have two front yards in which the rear corner closest to the street is also considered the front yard. Again draw a line from the rear corner to the front corner and that is considered also your front yard. No pools can be constructed in front yard, your not even allowed a 6 foot fence anywhere in "front yard"
                              These are White People Problems. Undocumented immigrants can build pools everywhere, as a matter of fact, Andy Cuomo has just announced that all undocumented voters in NYS will get a free pool and free pool maintenance for life! Any legal resident will be forced to buy a pool and pay a monthly fee to cover all the pools for undocumented pool owners. It's his way of saying FUNY.

Comment

Working...
                              X