Chimney Sweep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chimney Sweep

Can anyone recommend an above board chimney sweep that will actually clean my chimney and isn’t going to try and sell me a steel liner?

Good luck. I’m convinced that they are all crooks/scam artists. If you find a good one, let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by HKFANBOY View Post
      Can anyone recommend an above board chimney sweep that will actually clean my chimney and isn’t going to try and sell me a steel liner?
      It's so bad I do my own. My second step father was a sweep. I walked a lot of roofs and scrubbed a lot of boilers with him. J. K. Kernozicky and Sons.

Comment

Whats wrong with the liner?

Comment

Originally posted by -vanguard- View Post
          Whats wrong with the liner?
          Nothing. That’s the point.

Comment

I want to have mine done also. My house is 4 years old and if someone tries to sell me a liner they can take a walk lol

Comment

United Chimney is owned by a gun owner. I know him through a friend. I can't guarantee he won't try to rip you off, but you both seem to know what you want, so getting ripped off isn't likely. Also, if you do get ripped off, at least you know your money will be used to buy guns.

Comment

You can always say “no”, just clean it. Mine had debris, chunks from the old liner at the bottom where the boiler vented. So a liner seemed like a good idea. I used Chimney Magic and yeah they liked to sell you whatever they could think of. It’s up to you what happens.
                Exercise the Bill of Rights. It's good for your Constitution.

Comment

Dieters Hagen. Volko will vouch for them too.
                  Actually talked me out of re-pointing . Didn't try any BS. Clean and reasonable.

https://dietershagen.com/
                  Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

Originally posted by Grifhunter View Post
                    Dieters Hagen. Volko will vouch for them too.
                    Actually talked me out of re-pointing . Didn't try any BS. Clean and reasonable.

https://dietershagen.com/
                    Thanks. I’ll give them a call.

Comment

Dieters Hagen Chimney ...Mike ..office 516 294 1799 , cell 516 662 4682...
                      always found him fair , honest and he gets the job done , Mike is a bit of a ' individual '
                      do not mince words with him , right off the bat , tell him you got his name from Ron of Volko
                      side story about chimney sweeps , I was re doing a 1840,s victorian house in Sea Cliff, 5 working fire place , we did the visual and camera drop down look see inspection, all good flues and fire box. All safe to use as designed to provide heat and cooking hearth for the house.
                      I was burning the scrap wood in all 5 of the fire box when Steve came over to 'help' , Steve was the nassau DA at the time , he asked me to borrow the house, I told him i would loan him the 75 bucks and he could get a motel room , a few swigs later and it came out, he wanted to use the house as a sting for chimney sweeps. He set up one of his office girls as the new home owner and she called in chimney sweeps to do inspections and needed repairs on the fire places , 40 some odd chimney sweep and repair company inspection and estimate later gave Steve a 90 % conviction rate for fraud.
                      High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post
                        Dieters Hagen Chimney ...Mike ..office 516 294 1799 , cell 516 662 4682...
                        always found him fair , honest and he gets the job done , Mike is a bit of a ' individual '
                        do not mince words with him , right off the bat , tell him you got his name from Ron of Volko
                        side story about chimney sweeps , I was re doing a 1840,s victorian house in Sea Cliff, 5 working fire place , we did the visual and camera drop down look see inspection, all good flues and fire box. All safe to use as designed to provide heat and cooking hearth for the house.
                        I was burning the scrap wood in all 5 of the fire box when Steve came over to 'help' , Steve was the nassau DA at the time , he asked me to borrow the house, I told him i would loan him the 75 bucks and he could get a motel room , a few swigs later and it came out, he wanted to use the house as a sting for chimney sweeps. He set up one of his office girls as the new home owner and she called in chimney sweeps to do inspections and needed repairs on the fire places , 40 some odd chimney sweep and repair company inspection and estimate later gave Steve a 90 % conviction rate for fraud.
                        I had a guy show up at my house to clean my chimney. He comes down and tells me all the stuff that needs to be done. So I scamper up on the roof, scale the chimney and ask him to show me...his heart sank a bit, no one from LI goes up on a roof to check a sweep's work. I told him I was a carpenter and not afraid of heights. He said he must have been mistaken about the work. Next guy shows up and doesn't know how to clean my wood stove. I had to take it apart for him and let him use my ash vac to clean it. I had to give him a lesson on how to properly tarp a living room and pay him for that lesson. After those two events I bought my own brush and rods.

28336672_10216551147601333_9183407668255432256_o.jpg
                        Last edited by spider; 10-05-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post

I had a guy show up at my house to clean my chimney. He comes down and tells me all the stuff that needs to be done. So I scamper up on the roof, scale the chimney and ask him to show me...his heart sank a bit, no one from LI goes up on a roof to check a sweep's work. I told him I was a carpenter and not afraid of heights. He said he must have been mistaken about the work. Next guy shows up and doesn't know how to clean my wood stove. I had to take it apart for him and let him use my ash vac to clean it. I had to give him a lesson on how to properly tarp a living room and pay him for that lesson. After those two events I bought my own brush and rods.

28336672_10216551147601333_9183407668255432256_o.jpg
                          I had to put a new boiler in my NH house, the new unit required a new sleeve. I wasn't about to go through the same crap again so I bought 35' of stainless flex and ran it myself.

P1050727.JPG

Comment

Update. Dieters Hagen Chimney has a new customer for life. Mike is great. I can’t tell you how many chimney sweeps I’ve used. Mike looked at my chimney and said something I’ve never heard before. “You’re fine, it doesn’t need to be cleaned”. I was in shock. I need new caps, but I knew that. Didn’t have them on the truck so he’s coming back during the week. Price is right and I am happy. Do not hesitate to contact him if you need work done.

Comment

Working...
                            X