Craftsman tool warranty now that Sears has closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craftsman tool warranty now that Sears has closed

Has anyone tried to use their Craftsman tool warranty through Lowes or Ace?

I tried Lowes last night. What a PITA. They will only do an exchange for what they have in the store .... number for number. For the old stuff, like mine, they send you to the craftsman warranty website .....

The website tells you to call customer service ..... after 6 or 7 prompts they tell you to bring the tool to the nearest retailer! 3rd Base! But I didn't ask who's on first

They just broke ground on a new tool factory in Texas. I wonder if they’ll accept returns.
    Pat ------> NRA Endowment Member

Comment

Plenty of Sears stores are still open (for now). Massapequa, Green Acres, Smith Haven.
      Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

I did at my local Ace.

Comment

Lowe’s carry’s craftsman now. Wonder if they would?

Comment

I would wait for the TX plant to open. Why would you want to warranty an old made in the USA craftsman tool with the new made in China (maybe Taiwan if you’re lucky) garbage?

Comment

I went over the weekend to Massapequa sears to exchange a 1/2” breaker bar. The pin for the hinge kept poping out and I lost the ball and spring.

They were happy to do the swap but had none in stock. So I drove all the way there for nothing.

I ended up buying a harbor freight one for $10 also with a life time warranty. Harbor freight is way closer lol

Comment

Craftsman is now owned by Stanley-Black & Decker... which also owns DeWalt. Porter-Cable, Bostitch, Irwin Tools, ProtoTools, and about '30' other major companies.... (which IMO now means they basically suck...)
                In my job I deal with Stanley-Black & Decker on an almost daily basis. Although I don't handle Craftsman specific products, any of the Stanley- B & D Factory Service Centers should be able to help you with a warranty issue, or at least point you in the right direction. (they also advertise Craftsman on their webpage). There's one on Rt. 110 in Farmingdale. I'd give them a call and see what they suggest.
                631-952-2008
                https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Home
                Artist formerly known as TERRY P

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post
                  Craftsman is now owned by Stanley-Black & Decker... which also owns DeWalt. Porter-Cable, Bostitch, Irwin Tools, ProtoTools, and about '30' other major companies.... (which IMO now means they basically suck...)
                  In my job deal with Stanley-Black & Decker on an almost daily basis. Although I don't handle Craftsman specific products, any of the Stanley- B & D Factory Service Centers should be able to help you with a warranty issue, or at least point you in the right direction. (they also advertise Craftsman on their webpage). There's one on Rt. 110 in Farmingdale. I'd give them a call and see what they suggest.
                  631-952-2008
                  https://servicenet.dewalt.com/Home
                  Thanks TJ. We manufacture parts for SB&D too. I also hate dealing with them. It took me weeks to figure out their internal engineering jargon. There was one engineer, now retired who was a big help.
                  Now they just complain every time they order why my parts are $0.25 when they can get them from China for $0.05 ....... mine work & last! They bought 50,000 from China that don't. I'm sure that warranty service cost more than $0.15 each!

Comment

Working...
                  X