Nail or screw subfloor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basballny2 View Post

3/4” plywood, do you think 2 inch screws with the PL is enough?
    Find out what the building code calls for and use that as a minimum requirement. The building code, not the 2”.

Comment

Originally posted by Ransom View Post
      Coarse Sheet rock screws are fine (NOT FINE SCREWS)...yes run a thin bead of PL ON EACH JOIST If your worried about squeaking..Lay it out snapping lines and using PLENTY of screws alone will also be fine also 12" apart ...Ring nails are also fine and faster with nail gun along with PL ON JOISTS.. take your pick..Keep it simple ..thats all your choices
      No they are not!

Comment

Originally posted by Basballny2 View Post

3/4” plywood, do you think 2 inch screws with the PL is enough?
        Hey I didn’t even notice it was you that posted this! I’m sure you’re done already but torx head 2&1/2” or 2&3/8 ringers. Also remember what I told you at the house, if you need anything let me know, I have a bunch of paslode guns if you want to borrow 1 or 2. Also have a shitload of badass screw guns. The high power stuff! 😁

Comment

Originally posted by SLYTAPEX View Post

Hey I didn’t even notice it was you that posted this! I’m sure you’re done already but torx head 2&1/2” or 2&3/8 ringers. Also remember what I told you at the house, if you need anything let me know, I have a bunch of paslode guns if you want to borrow 1 or 2. Also have a shitload of badass screw guns. The high power stuff! 😁
          Thanks man, glued it down with the 400 and used 2 inch screws

Comment

Working...
          X