Any plumbers here? Need a leak test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plumbers here? Need a leak test.

My father is trying to switch homeowners insurances, and right on the day they were supposed to switch they tell him that because he had a plumbing claim a few years ago, they need a leak detection test performed by a licensed plumber. The receipt from the previous plumber showing it was fixed and no leaks remain is not enough.

I have no idea what that even entails or how much it costs. Is it as simple as putting a pressure gauge on the system and turning off the main to look if it holds pressure? Is anyone here a plumber or know one that would be able to handle that?

He's in Mastic Beach.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfan1616 View Post
      My father is trying to switch homeowners insurances, and right on the day they were supposed to switch they tell him that because he had a plumbing claim a few years ago, they need a leak detection test performed by a licensed plumber. The receipt from the previous plumber showing it was fixed and no leaks remain is not enough.

I have no idea what that even entails or how much it costs. Is it as simple as putting a pressure gauge on the system and turning off the main to look if it holds pressure? Is anyone here a plumber or know one that would be able to handle that?

He's in Mastic Beach.
      The only leak check I know is to check my underwear, but I found this video,
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Comment

These guys did the plumbing when i had my kitchen redone last winter.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post

The only leak check I know is to check my underwear, but I found this video,
          The insurance company needs it done by a licensed plumber which is annoying. I hate calling someone in just to tell me everything is working fine.

Comment

Yeah, changing homeowners' insurance companies ain't cheap. Last time I changed (to save money) I had to re-build a deck that existed safely for 20 years.

Ballistic: "Grif... You are my legal eagle spirit animal...."

Comment

I have never heard of a leak inspection, but I like the idea.
              Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Pressurize the system with air..Regulate with valve to see if pressure drops.. Done all the time on larger commercial..residential buildings..private homes ???Never saw that done

Comment

You will need a licensed plumber to perform a static leak check while they are there have them install a Moem Flo you should get additional
                  discounts on your HO.policy.
                  Last edited by StrongBeach; 08-02-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongBeach View Post
                    You will need a licensed plumber to perform a static leak check while they are there have them install a Moem Flo you should get additional
                    discounts on your HO.policy.
                    Cool.
                    https://www.moen.ca/flo

"Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post
                      Phyn also makes a really cool unit. A bit pricer but more techology built in.

https://www.phyn.com/plus-smart-water-assistant/

Comment

Working...
                      X