ceiling repair advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceiling repair advice needed

what you see here is a gap between an exterior wall and the ceiling. in the 30 years here is may have grown a slight fraction of an inch. I am going to paint the ceiling and would like to patch it. ...the easiest and least messy way as i do not want it to get on the granite. If I tried to just fill the gap with caulk, i know it would drip. My idea is to pack the gap first with some kind of cord so where I could layer some caulk over it. How would you approach this?
    Attached Files
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Get the right size backer rod, (a foam product) and caulk it with OSI. Clean the stone with pain thinner and paint.
    Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Vitaman View Post
      what you see here is a gap between an exterior wall and the ceiling. in the 30 years here is may have grown a slight fraction of an inch. I am going to paint the ceiling and would like to patch it. ...the easiest and least messy way as i do not want it to get on the granite. If I tried to just fill the gap with caulk, i know it would drip. My idea is to pack the gap first with some kind of cord so where I could layer some caulk over it. How would you approach this?
      How thick is the crack? it does not look thick. Caulking should not drip .
      Done right caulking is clean and neat.
      If you want to fill the crack you have a couple of choices.
      Use some use regular insulation that you cut and shove up there with a putty knife and then when satisfied caulk it or buy Glazing compound which is a putty
      Roll the putty in your hand into a ball. then roll it it into a cylindrical piece like a rope. Not too long and shove it in with your hands. Repeat.
      Use paint thinner to clean up
      My Dad was a German painter. Worked for him every saturday and summer from when I was 12
      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
      X