Landscaping Gravel delivery? Suffolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landscaping Gravel delivery? Suffolk

Looking for some place to deliver several yards of nice pea gravel, river rock or some landscaping gravel.
    Would like to see it before I order (trying to match a blue/gray already being used). I'm in Smithtown.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

cubic-yards-faq-1.jpg

Check Smithtown Concrete on Middle Country Road near the dealerships. I had them deliver a few yards of RCA a while back. I think delivery fee was about $100. I know you are looking for gravel or other material. They have some other material but you'd have to check with them as I was only looking for RCA.

Comment

Kings Park/Smithtown area by the dump (Indian Head Rd and Bread and Cheese Hollow Road area) - there are several companies there, drive down and take a peak of who has what and I am sure you can see it in person.

I hope it's going on your driveway where they drop it....I've moved rock before and it's a pain in the ass.....not so much the weight (obviously you won't have issue with that either), but just shoveling the crap into a wheelbarrow was a chore. I was moving 3/4 blue stone and it was tough getting a full shovel full. Pea gravel should be easier, but good to keep in mind in case you thought about going with larger stone.
      The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

GTS lumber in Holbrook. I've had pea gravel , sand and mulch delivered but the distance to you may make the delivery charge prohibitive for you
        NRA member
        Suffolk County Sportsman permit
        Florida CCW

Comment

I had good luck, pretty good selection, and decent prices from Olsen's Discount Nursery, over on the south end of lake Avenue, Nesconset

Comment

I've used olsens on lake Ave. They have great quality stuff
            gravel, mulch (colored stuff lasts longer than any other I've gotten)

delivery charge was $70

Comment

Whatever you do, go get a wheelbarrow type cart, with outboard mounted wheels, not an actual single center mounted wheel wheelbarrow.. Much easier to control. I did 12 yards of stone as a drive and under shed in yard, but eves on house prevented dump truck from accessing yard..
              Hunter, NRA Life Member, NYS Deplorable

🚄TrumpTrain2016🇺🇸.🇺🇸.🇺🇸

Pro Political Term Limits
              Anti High Capacity Mag Limits
              Fuck Andrew Cuomo's Suck my Ass Act

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, unfortunately a lot of this will have to be wheeled up hill, from a dump point in the driveway, and around back to a yard or around the house. The property is on a hill with they backyard being "plateaued", so yeah there's no direct access from the long drive to the backyard. I'll def. look into upgrading a wheelbarrel currently have a steel jackson blue single wheel that's been a beast.

Going to try Olsens, I checked out their site and it looks promising. Thanx guys.

Comment

Do you have room to rent one of the motorized cart to help move the stone?
                  III%

Comment

Originally posted by Li02liberty View Post
                    Do you have room to rent one of the motorized cart to help move the stone?
                    I'll look into that, thanks. Problem is the hill to get around back to the flat yard. Same reason I can't buy a ride on mower for the front yard, they are only rated up to 15 degree grade or the wheels start slipping and the tranny will blow. I would imagine the same problem with a heavy load, it looks like it's old fashioned manual labor. I am used to hauling 80 lb bags up the hill (by hand or 3 in a wheelbarrel). What makes it a cool and unique property also makes it challenging to work on. It is what it is, nothing is basic or straightforward.

Comment

Working...
                    X