Need repair of pool's electric heat pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need repair of pool's electric heat pump

In Massapequa area. simply can not get the thing to put out heat and LED screen inputting more complicated than I remember. (Have had it ten years, put it away every fall the same way and every pool opening never a problem.) any recommendations ?

Switch to gas. Sorry, but it’s better for pool heating. I may be able to take a look at it and see what’s going on or not working with it.

Comment

• UVBNAXED
      UVBNAXED commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, start with the basics. Check the breaker(s) feeding it, open it up and check for any blown fuses, or smaller relays that may have tripped inside. Check all connection, and verify they are free from rust and/or corrosion.

I'm in Masssapequa with the same problem, however I was told it's cheaper to buy a new one. If you find someone reasonable please let me know>

Comment

cheaper than $3000?

Comment

to clarify, the LED screen is functional to a point, I can set the time, read the ambient water temperature, think we set the desired we just can not get it to pump hot water. the large fan at the top turns normally when the pump is at the 2HP speed but again, no hot water is being produced.

Comment

Originally posted by pequa1 View Post
          to clarify, the LED screen is functional to a point, I can set the time, read the ambient water temperature, think we set the desired we just can not get it to pump hot water. the large fan at the top turns normally when the pump is at the 2HP speed but again, no hot water is being produced.
          Could be the relay(s) to the heater coil/element. Or the element itself is bad. What’s the make and model number?

Comment

Its chinese. ('nuff said is probably sufficient) Anyway, website, when it was active, just said warmwaterpools.com . The domain is now available, lol. Model number was just listed as MMW-SS110 (all labels still like new on the damn thing.) Most HVAC companies and the original seller and the electrician/ installer do not service them ! Only awaiting two more calls. I guess its like everything else, chuck it, buy new. I still have to call some more pool companies but they all seem to sub-contract the guy that comes after its "installed" to make it actually work.

Comment

Its chinese. ('nuff said is probably sufficient) Anyway, website, when it was active, just said warmwaterpools.com . The domain is now available, lol. Model number was just listed as MMW-SS110 (all labels still like new on the damn thing.) Most HVAC companies and the original seller and the electrician/ installer do not service them ! Only awaiting two more calls. I guess its like everything else, chuck it, buy new. I still have to call some more pool companies but they all seem to sub-contract the guy that comes after its "installed" to make it actually work.
              If you still have my number, send me some pics. Maybe pop off a cover and send me pics of that too. There’s a slim chance I can make chicken soup out of chicken poop.

Comment

• Diesel1
                Diesel1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not to inflate his ego, but Aaron can fix pretty much anything or make something work with some parts from his garage. No joke

Oh don't I know it. A few years back he replaced the tilt motor of my Yamaha O/B with a screwdriver and needlenose pliers as I did not have a split ring plier (which I went out and got the next day, lol !)
              and then the guy leaves me with nearly a full can of AeroKroil, the best penetrant out there and wouldn't take more than gas money !! Knowing all that, you can understand why I did not jump at dragging him down here again !
              and Aaron, you are still on my speed dial, and of course the first one listed ! Which is how I accidentally "butt called you from Calverton a couple of years ago. You fully recovered yet ? (and no, we have both been fully vaccinated since late February here so not worried about that !)

Comment

• UVBNAXED
                UVBNAXED commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Sir, just about 100% again. 👍🏻

Glad I’m not mentioned. 😁

Comment

I had very similar experience ... called a few local guys, called the manufacturer ... no luck, they all told me to buy a new heater ... at that point I decided to troubleshoot it myself ... spent the whole day, but I found the problem, the flow switch was not operating properly therefore the heater would stay off.

Comment

try looking on you tube for repair videos, I have looked for off the wall stuff that needed repairing and was surprised to find what I needed on you tube, as all countries post videos, maybe some one in china that buys or sells them posted something up...
                  I have installed both oil and natural gas pool heaters, they wont heat unless it senses flow, as mentioned above...I had to replace the flow control on my hot tub because it stopped heating( a $20.00 fix)...
                  You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
                  Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

Isn't it still too Cold for a heat pump to produce hot water?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeM View Post
                      Isn't it still too Cold for a heat pump to produce hot water?
                      as long as its above freezing in the 40s or 50s you will get heat out of it, 60 to 80 is usually best....
                      You cant cure stupid, only kill it......
                      Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.....

Comment

I have no idea what SWMBO did but she got the pool up to 79 degrees, warm water is flowing in from our heating systems (can't just be he solar panels as we were getting warm water at night and in the morning when the panels are shaded.) She claims she just kept hitting different spots on the LED screen ( ? ) Will be tough to deny future purchases of just about anything by the better half now !

Comment

• UVBNAXED
                          UVBNAXED commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well, if it’s working, it’s working. You can always reach out if you need a hand in the future. 👍🏻
                      Working...
                      X