Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical panel upgrade

Hey Gents,

Was thinking of upgrading my electrical panel from 100amp to 200amp and would like to know if you guys know what price range that should be. I am looking to get a few estimates.

DZ electrical contracting 631-484-3496 upgraded mine to 200amp in February. Excellent clean job, highly recommend. Made a deal for 200amp and generator interlock kit for $2500 cash.

Comment

Around $2K is about the going price.
      Add a grand if you want to do an underground service. I did mine last year. Cable & Electric. Really cleaned up the backyard.
      Why do you need 200A? All electric house??
      Most houses need spaces not amperage!
      During Sandy I was only running about 9 amps per phase off the generator. We ran everything except central air with no issues. Gas steam heat, hot water & cooking.

Comment

• Trentals21
        Trentals21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was thinking of adding some sort of central air. I don't have duct work. So I was checking my options as far as ductless mini split, really didn't want wall mounted because I don't want my house looking like a spider web out side...I seen mitsubishi makes mini split that fit between the joists for my upstairs. So I can have lines in the attic sent to a branch box and only have a couple lines to run outside.

PM Heartlessmcfly LIGC’s resident sparky
      NRA, NYSRPA, SAF member, Freeport R&R.

Comment

Standard straight up service upgrade from 100 to 200 was in the ballpark of 1800-2200. Given today’s material climate, expect to pay anywhere from 2400-2800. Can’t even get meter pans and PVC

Comment

Ouch!

Comment

Pvc has been in stock at bigger electrical supply houses. Back in stock at Home Depot. Meter pans were at 2 supply houses last week. Prices as expected much higher than last year to get jobs done

Comment

Originally posted by NorthForkSportsman View Post
              Pvc has been in stock at bigger electrical supply houses. Back in stock at Home Depot. Meter pans were at 2 supply houses last week. Prices as expected much higher than last year to get jobs done
              AC electric supply has no 3/4 pvc anywhere. No meter pans. Had to outsource 3 supply houses to complete a material list for a job I’m doing

Comment

Heartlessmcfly , did my upgrade. Damn he’s Anal but, does an amazing job. Listen to what he recommends.

Comment

Originally posted by Heartlessmcfly View Post

AC electric supply has no 3/4 pvc anywhere. No meter pans. Had to outsource 3 supply houses to complete a material list for a job I’m doing
                  Cooper Electric has 3/4, 1 inch and meter pans. UI also had everything.

Comment

Just had my panel replaced few weeks ago. Had to wait a week just because he had to wait for the supplies to come in

Comment

had mine done and my dads back to back. We are in nassau and the electrician was in deer park. Let me know if you want his name/number .He was resonable like 2200 but did a nice job with a big panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade21 View Post
                        had mine done and my dads back to back. We are in nassau and the electrician was in deer park. Let me know if you want his name/number .He was resonable like 2200 but did a nice job with a big panel.
                        What company in deer park?

Comment

Working...
                        X