Ethenol Free Gas on Long Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethenol Free Gas on Long Island?

Anyone know of any stations that sell ethenal-free gas? Preferably in or near Medford?

You may have to step up to racing or even aviation gas.
    SHADAP VARMINT!

Comment

Can I run that in equipment? Generator, chainsaw, blower, etc?

Comment

Homedepot carries this near me. http://trufuel50.com may not be viable due to cost if you have a lot of usage but for occasional use it should be good.
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
          Homedepot carries this near me. http://trufuel50.com may not be viable due to cost if you have a lot of usage but for occasional use it should be good.
          Yeah, I've already been looking at that, but I use enough during the season that $40/gallon would piss me off.

Comment

There are no stations selling ETOH free gas south of the Albany area. Try this site:

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
            Know your rights/Refuse peacefully to consent to a search /Ask if you are free to go or are being detained/Even if you are not doing anything wrong the 4th Amendment protects you against unreasonable searches/Never say anything to law enforcement even if you think it will help you/If questioned you should clearly and unequivocally request that you would like to have an attorney present and defer any questions until then/Never go to prison because you are afraid to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by class3 View Post
              There are no stations selling ETOH free gas south of the Albany area. Try this site:

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
              checked that out last night and thought it was odd that there was not a single listing anywhere on the island....thought maybe their list was not 100% complete.

Comment

Actually, if that list is correct, there is a place in Wurtsboro, a wee-bit closer than Albany

Also, FWIW, I was under the impression that Shell V-power(93) fuel was Ethanol free(seasonal?), might be worth looking into, if you have not already
                Last edited by GWBAHREN; 08-22-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I thought it was a State requirement to have the crap in our gas?

Comment

You can't get it during the winter. I think it's illegal. E10 or E15 is the minimum ethanol content.

Comment

I can confirm, that beginning WEST of Wurtsboro mountain(that big-ass hill on route 17/west of Orange county), you will find stations that have PREMIUM (no regular)gas that is Ethanol-free available. It's not allowed in the downstate region. For some reason though, I found that even upstate, Speedway stations still don't have it. Marabito stations do. I bring some home as needed, on my trips upstate.

Last edited by bigbore44; 08-22-2016, 08:21 AM.

Comment

There are no ethanol free fuels sold at gas pumps on long island.
                        We're not allowed to have ethanol free gas here the same way we're not allowed to have the same Constitutional rights as elsewhere in the state, because we are stupid down here.
                        Are you also aware that north of Westchester a car doesn't have to pass a NYS emissions test? When these changes were made our downstate elected officials did nothing
                        preventing this crap under the lie that it was "for the environment" despite the outcry from various groups that opposed these measures and shoved it down our throats.
                        Does this bullshit sound familiar? Do you know what the downstate region did after being screwed this deeply, we reelected these same a-holes again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by sickofny View Post
                          There are no ethanol free fuels sold at gas pumps on long island.
                          We're not allowed to have ethanol free gas here the same way we're not allowed to have the same Constitutional rights as elsewhere in the state, because we are stupid down here.
                          Are you also aware that north of Westchester a car doesn't have to pass a NYS emissions test? When these changes were made our downstate elected officials did nothing
                          preventing this crap under the lie that it was "for the environment" despite the outcry from various groups that opposed these measures and shoved it down our throats.
                          Does this bullshit sound familiar? Do you know what the downstate region did after being screwed this deeply, we reelected these same a-holes again and again.
                          The early emissions testing equipment was supplied by a politically connected company(United Technologies?), during the reign of Governor "Guess Who?", in the early 90's.

Are there any options for getting Ethanol-free gas across state lines? like we have to for so many other things?
                          Last edited by GWBAHREN; 08-22-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

For your purposes, use a 5 gallon or larger gas container and use Starbrite STARTRON (Blue liquid). I would recommend using the concentration between storage amount and normal amount for the first tank....in the fall or at the nearest tank fill up near then, use the storage concentration. Run your 4 cycle equipment dry and the 2 cycle I normally just leave it alone (obviously with oil and startron mixed in). USually I'll just pour a lil extra startron in the tank of my trimmer or blower and run that mix through for a few minutes before shutting it down for the season.

I found the startron to work better than STABIL but it could just be my imagination.
                            The escape is nowhere near complete. The inventor of LIBERAL fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 45 because the 44th never worked.)

Comment

I believe the Sunoco heading into south Hampton sells the 5 gal pails of racing fuel.
                              III%

Comment

Working...
                              X